Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advise on Visa for Minor Nephew and Niece

Hello,

I have Immigration Petition filed for my brother in 2004. I would like to bring my brother and his family to US for a short visit for my son's Graduation in May 2016. Do you think it is possible to apply for Visitor Visa while the Immigration papers are filed?

If applying for Visitor Visa for my Brother's family is not possible, can I apply visitor visa for my Nephew (10 years old) and Niece (8 years old).

Any suggestion would be great.

Thank you!

Yes. They can apply for Visitor Visa while the Immigration papers are filed. But they need to specify in their visa application about pending immigration petition.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jnk View Post
      Yes. They can apply for Visitor Visa while the Immigration papers are filed. But they need to specify in their visa application about pending immigration petition.
      Thank you JNK for your reply. Can I apply visitor visa for my Nephew (10 years old) and Niece (8 years old) without applying for my brother or his wife?

Comment

Originally posted by Userimm View Post
        Thank you JNK for your reply. Can I apply visitor visa for my Nephew (10 years old) and Niece (8 years old) without applying for my brother or his wife?
        HI just wanted to know if you did ever end applying for your niece and nephew? If you did what..what happened with that..I am trying get to get my nephew to visit for the summer without his parents...

Comment

Originally posted by Sherry12 View Post
          HI just wanted to know if you did ever end applying for your niece and nephew? If you did what..what happened with that..I am trying get to get my nephew to visit for the summer without his parents...
          Some of the responses received on another forum post for ssingh:

The visa process really doesn't have anything to do with travel arrangements. If they ask, just like you have explained, you let them know he will be traveling as unaccompanied minor - meaning the airline crew will be responsible for him for an extra fee like you mentioned.
          The parents or legal guardians need to have a letter permitting whoever is taking responsibility for the minors travels. I'm sure the airline will let you know exactly what they require.

About the visa itself, every applicant be it adult or minor needs to schedule interview. I don't know if the age requirement for India is different but usually minors 13 years and below are not required to be present for the interview; only the parent or legal guardian. Since he is 14 he may have to be present at the interview unless age requirement is different for India like I said.

Is he travelling alone?? If so, it's highly unlikely that he will be allowed entry to US or even to the plane without proper travel permit like a visa. As said, only if he was travelling with his parents or legal guardian, then he doesn't need to appear for interview which is not the case here.

Highly unlikely to get a B2 visa under these circumstances but if you have a spare $160 then apply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X