Now have b2 visa and wish to renew my expired GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now have b2 visa and wish to renew my expired GC

Hello to all members. Me and my family won a GC in 2005. Had been in US for one year and then we were need to come buck because of my mother got cancer wile she was in Armenia and we need to come buck there to take care of her . After that in 2006 we come buck to US for 2 month and went back to Armenia . in 2007 I flight to us again but alone for 1 month just for keep my GC holder status in ok condition . My wife was pregnant that time and her doctor doesn't allowed het to travel , so now more then 10 years passed after that. My mother died in 2010 . And my doter was born in Armenia in 2007. Our green cards expired in 2015 . Now I get the B2 visa and now I'm in the US .
    So please help me to understand what is possible to do for renew our GC's or get new ones. Thanks.

Hire a lawyer. US permanent residency cannot be taken away without a legal process, but you can sign it away voluntarily. And you may have done so to get the b2. It would be odd to issue a visa to an LPR with any valid status.

Comment

The short answer is that you abandoned your Green Card status by staying out of the U.S. for a continuous 7 years. If you submit form I-90 for a renewal of your Green Card, you may be challenged as to whether you are entitled to a renewal card.

There are plenty of attorneys who will take a consultation fee or even a retainer of $3,000, but the bottom line is that you lost your Green Card status and will probably get it back only by clerical accident when you submit form I-90.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Headmade View Post
      Hello to all members. Me and my family won a GC in 2005. Had been in US for one year and then we were need to come buck because of my mother got cancer wile she was in Armenia and we need to come buck there to take care of her . After that in 2006 we come buck to US for 2 month and went back to Armenia . in 2007 I flight to us again but alone for 1 month just for keep my GC holder status in ok condition . My wife was pregnant that time and her doctor doesn't allowed het to travel , so now more then 10 years passed after that. My mother died in 2010 . And my doter was born in Armenia in 2007. Our green cards expired in 2015 . Now I get the B2 visa and now I'm in the US .
      So please help me to understand what is possible to do for renew our GC's or get new ones. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by b1/b2 master View Post
        Hire a lawyer. US permanent residency cannot be taken away without a legal process, but you can sign it away voluntarily. And you may have done so to get the b2. It would be odd to issue a visa to an LPR with any valid status.
        Thanks for the answers . I have never signed my US permanent residency away, they just give me b2 upon the interview . And now I am here in US and I am able to go for fingerprints.

Comment

Originally posted by Headmade View Post
          Thanks for the answers . I have never signed my US permanent residency away, they just give me b2 upon the interview . And now I am here in US and I am able to go for fingerprints.
          Do not leave the U.S. under any circumstances until this issue has been completely and totally resolved, not even for one day. It is critical that your LPR status be updated and confirmed before you depart the U.S.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X