"Administrative Processing" for B1/B2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wajih Naqvi

I have been stuck in Administrative Processing as well it is so frustrating.

I am a British national and due to visiting Iraq I cannot enter the US on the visa waiver programme, therefore I decided to apply for a tourist visa at the embassy in London.

I have been rejected before in January 2017 as part of a small group of friends, and the visa officer stated that as we were students at the time of interview, she did not believe we could afford a trip to the US nor would we return to the UK suggesting we may attempt to seek employment out there, any how we returned disappointingly to our homes.

on April 13th 2018, I revisited the embassy this time on my own and under went an interview to explain the purpose of my trip. The issue of visiting Iraq may or may not have an impact on AP but I have been numerous time for visiting of holy shrines and this is well documented on media and the world wide web.

The consular stated that he is not refusing me, but needs to make background check onto why I was refused the first time and thus gave back my passport and a white slip.

I have been waiting since for a response back, and have sent many emails to the embassy with automated responses.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced similar events and what are the hopes of being approved?

Date of Interview: 13th April 2018
    Case Updated: 13th April 2018
    Today's date: 23rd January 2019....still no update.

Comment

Hello guys
      my visa was approved on the 3 rd on Dec 2019
      The officer granted me the visa n kept my passport with him 3 days later i got a email for collection of passport..there i was given my passport back without the us visa n a 212g slip..and my status is showing administrative processing..it's been over a week i haven't recieved any email from them for any documents..my passport is with me..can any1 help

Thnx..

Comment

Wait for some more days & then try to contact local embassy for more details.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by VNK View Post

How can you say that? AP is a black hole. It can take weeks or months. Don't give people false hope.
          Or even years like my husband's case is in AP foe 4 years and 3 months now.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this usa visa detail. Can you please tell me what the procedure of Saudi Visa? I have read somewehre that you need to go through the iqama process. Can you share the details?

Comment

This section is for USA visitor visa only, its very rare chance that you'll get any one here having experience with saudi visa.
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X