Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 VISA applied for Mother and mother in law same time

Hi All

I am on H1B visa. Came US last year in the month of Aug 2017.

I had applied B2 Visa for my mother and mother in law and Interview was at Chennai consulate on 29th March 2018. Applied for both at same time. VISA was denied for my mother stating no strong evidence that she would return to home country. Whereas visa approved for my mother in law. Can somebody pls let me know if I did a mistake by applying for both at same time and that is the reason visa rejected for one applicant? Both are widow and they were planning to visit for 4 months only.

I am really not able to understand where it went wrong and was very upset. I was the sponsor for both applicants.

Regards
    Suchithra

No one can tell for sure what was really wrong - we are just using our individual judgement here.

What about your Father? Why your mother applied alone & not along with your father?

Seems like the VO clearly said the reason that your mother is not showing strong ties to home country - see the difference in situation for your mother & mother-in-law.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      No one can tell for sure what was really wrong - we are just using our individual judgement here.

What about your Father? Why your mother applied alone & not along with your father?

Seems like the VO clearly said the reason that your mother is not showing strong ties to home country - see the difference in situation for your mother & mother-in-law.
      Hi

My father passed away in 2013. My father in law passed away in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Suchithra Rajaram View Post
        Hi

My father passed away in 2013. My father in law passed away in 2014.
        Sorry to hear that - this is one of the reason for rejection of tourist visa for Indian moms. Usually single India moms are dependent to their son & hence they are counted as potential immigrant - while the in-laws are not.

Do you have any other brother/sister? Living in India?
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X