Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use my B1/B2 Multiple Port entry Business Visa as Tourist purpose

Hello Everyone,

I have valid Business Visa ( B1/B2 Multiple port entry ) valid till 2026, I traveled to USA in July 2016 also for 3 week.

Now this yr in Dec -2018 I am planning to visit USA for personal purpose as my Elder brother is living there. This Time I want to go with my Wife and Two kids ( 2 Ys and 7 Yrs ).
    My Wife and both bids they don't have any Visa .

My queries are:

1. Can I travel to USA for personal Visit or as tourist using same Business Visa Or Do I need to apply fresh B2 Tourist Visa ..? Please Explain ( If I can travel then Do I need to take approval on mail OR Visit to consulate OR to someone like US Consulate or directly I can travel ).

2. For My wife and Kids ( I would like to know )What sort of docs required ( AS My wife is House wife ) And all three are dependent. So what all docs are required from my end and others so that I can hand over and they appear If I am not going for interviewer.

3. DO we need to show flight ticket copy first or We can say once Visa confirmed then only we will book flight ticket..? Which one is best option.

4. I selected Hindi language for them as they feel more comfortable in Hindi. I believe there would be not an issue.

Kindly suggest and provide me answer of above mention query.

Originally posted by umeshs2211 View Post
    1. Can I travel to USA for personal Visit or as tourist using same Business Visa Or Do I need to apply fresh B2 Tourist Visa ..? Please Explain ( If I can travel then Do I need to take approval on mail OR Visit to consulate OR to someone like US Consulate or directly I can travel ).
    Since you have "B1/B2" visa, you no need to inform anyone & you can freely travel for tourism purpose.

2. For My wife and Kids ( I would like to know )What sort of docs required ( AS My wife is House wife ) And all three are dependent. So what all docs are required from my end and others so that I can hand over and they appear If I am not going for interviewer.
    Let'll need an invitation letter & all your documents to prove that their purpose of travel is to accompany you & tourism.

3. DO we need to show flight ticket copy first or We can say once Visa confirmed then only we will book flight ticket..? Which one is best option.
    Wait for visa, before you book your travel tickets - this is mentioned in US visa site as well.

4. I selected Hindi language for them as they feel more comfortable in Hindi. I believe there would be not an issue.
    Ensure that consulate does support that language, I guess Hindi is supported across all consulates in India.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X