Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spelling mistake in the appointment confirmation

Hi,

I have an appointment scheduled for B2 at Chennai. I just realized that I made a spelling mistake in my appointment confirmation. I missed a letter "a" in my name and my I booked my appointment as well. I navigated to the "Update profile" section to update the applicant name, but unfortunately it did not allowed me to make any updates only to the name field. I'm more worried now. Is there a way I can fix this spelling mistake in the name ?

Note that there are no issues in the name mentioned in DS 160 or anywhere except the appointment confirmation.
    Could anyone please share your experience if you have faced any such scenario and could you please tell me how did you fixed this ?

Thanks in advance !!

-Praveen.

Originally posted by prav.r2020 View Post
    Hi,

I have an appointment scheduled for B2 at Chennai. I just realized that I made a spelling mistake in my appointment confirmation. I missed a letter "a" in my name and my I booked my appointment as well. I navigated to the "Update profile" section to update the applicant name, but unfortunately it did not allowed me to make any updates only to the name field. I'm more worried now. Is there a way I can fix this spelling mistake in the name ?

Note that there are no issues in the name mentioned in DS 160 or anywhere except the appointment confirmation.
    Could anyone please share your experience if you have faced any such scenario and could you please tell me how did you fixed this ?

Thanks in advance !!

-Praveen.
    Contact local consulate - you might be asked to fill another DS160 & keep both DS160 along with you.

Also, ensure to inform the visa officer about this once the visa is approved.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for the response..

I have raised this as a query fusing the portal and awaiting reply. But could you pls let me know why I need to create a new DS160 when everything in my ds160 is correct ? Problem is only with my appointment profile..

Thanks,
      Praveen.

Comment

Originally posted by prav.r2020 View Post
        Thanks for the response..

I have raised this as a query fusing the portal and awaiting reply. But could you pls let me know why I need to create a new DS160 when everything in my ds160 is correct ? Problem is only with my appointment profile..

Thanks,
        Praveen.
        Oh my mistake.

So appointment confirmation is only required at the gate, after that the VO doesn't look into your appointment page at all - go ahead, you should be good.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X