B-2 visa in adminsitrative processing for 1 year now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-2 visa in adminsitrative processing for 1 year now

My parents got a visitors visa in 2011 since then they visited US three times 2013,2015,2016 never overstayed or committed any crime. They applied for new visa since the previous one expired at end of 2016. They appeared for their interview at US consulate in Karachi, Pakistan on April 21st 2017. At the end of interview I/O said we need to do some administrative processing on your case and you will be notified in 60 days. He kept their passports. My parents waited and waited and waited but no news came from consulate. Its now almost a year we tried to contact the embassy several time during this period and sent emails but every time get a reply that 'your case is undergoing necessary administrative processing we appreciate your patience'. This is so frustrating.

I am wondering what are my options here since sending emails is not working we are not getting any information out of that process just a template reply. Any suggestions/advice are welcome.

Same issue here, have been waiting for over 13 months now and CEAC tracker has never updated.
    I too would like to know what options if any are available. Template replies and just over a year of getting nowhere.

Comment

Some times they "suspect" the applicants & do some back ground verification which can take time - no one really knows how they do this verification & when will they be ready.

I understanding the wait time is frustrating - but if nothing is wrong with your profile, you'll surely get visa.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by kittykitty View Post
        Same issue here, have been waiting for over 13 months now and CEAC tracker has never updated.
        I too would like to know what options if any are available. Template replies and just over a year of getting nowhere.
        where did your parents appear for their interview?

Comment

In Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by kittykitty View Post
            In Australia.
            That made me more confused.. looks like its not about the country of citizenship. Then what it is? only God and DHS know.

Comment

No, I don't think the country of citizenship, nor country of birth matters. There is another thread on here with others the same, another member was from the UK, all of us waiting for over 1 year.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X