Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid travel to USA after 1 years stay in india

Hi

I have a quesion regarding travel of my kid from India to USA. My kid ( 2 year old ) stay around 1 year in india and now she is coming back to US with Grand Parents after 1 year.
    We (parents) stayed in USA but some personal reason my kid stay in india (kid is US citizen).

What is the reason we can tell to officer(port of entry) why kid stay so much long in India (around 1 year ) ?
    Pls let me know about best answer so there will no problem during travel and port of entry in USA.

Thanks

Originally posted by tech2012 View Post
    Hi

I have a quesion regarding travel of my kid from India to USA. My kid ( 2 year old ) stay around 1 year in india and now she is coming back to US with Grand Parents after 1 year.
    We (parents) stayed in USA but some personal reason my kid stay in india (kid is US citizen).

What is the reason we can tell to officer(port of entry) why kid stay so much long in India (around 1 year ) ?
    Pls let me know about best answer so there will no problem during travel and port of entry in USA.

Thanks
    You don't need a reason. A US citizen can stay out of the US as long as they like and can return at any time.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I agree with the idea of newacct, it seems to me that you do not need to justify yourself, it will be strange that you are asked for an exact reason

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X