Changing interview location while rescheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing interview location while rescheduling

I've submitted by DS-160 with interview location as Toronto. Also booked appointment in Toronto for the last week of August (more than 90 days wait time).
    I need to travel earlier and I see that there are interview slots available in Ottawa in Mid July. I want to now reschedule my interview to Ottawa.

However there are 2 contradicting statements in the official website regarding this situation -

1. In the appointment scheduling website, it say, "Please select the Consular Section location where you will apply. The Consular Section location selected below must match the Consular Section location entered on the DS-160 Number form."

For me, this location is Toronto and it clearly states I must choose the same and cannot change interview location.

2. In the FAQ page for DS-160, it says, "What happens to my DS-160 if I select a U.S. Embassy or Consulate where I will be applying for my visa, but end up making an interview appointment instead at another U.S. Embassy or Consulate? - Answer: The Embassy or Consulate at which you actually apply should be able to access your form using the barcode on your DS-160 confirmation page, which you must bring to the visa interview. For example, a business traveler intends to apply for his visa at the U.S. Embassy in City X, so he selects City X as the location where he will submit his application when he completes his DS-160. He then has an urgent reason to travel to City Y on business. Because there is a U.S. Consulate in City Y, he schedules an appointment for a visa interview there, using the barcode from his completed DS-160 application for appointment scheduling. The U.S. Consulate in City Y is able to accept his DS-160 even though it lists the U.S. Embassy in City X as the location where he originally intended to submit his application."

This explains I should be able to reschedule at a different location, and can choose a location different from my DS-160.

Anyone has experience with this situation?

Thanks for the help.

Changing Location after submitting DS 160

I have the same question as original post.

Anyone else had this experience, in any of the locations in Canada.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Changing Location after submitting DS-160

Trying to bump this thread.

Anyone else had the same experience, who can share their experience?

Is it ok to change interview location, keeping the same DS 160 that was previously submitted.

I filled out Montreal in the original submission while making payment, but cant find dates at Montreal location. There are other locations that might have availability, so wondering if I can change location without repaying for a fresh application?

Thanks

Comment

Call the consulate & fill in a new DS 160.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

I am in the same situation & I have changed my interview location while rescheduling

Thank you bogusgenius & asingh80 for posting your questions. I wonder if both of you have been able to resolve your issue and if yes what action did you take or plan to take? Do you plan to call the consulate & fill in a new DS 160 as suggested by Libra_14? I am in a similar situation right now. Any feedback you may be able to share will be highly appreciated!

Comment

I'm in a same situation. Do I need to re fill another DS 160 or is there any ways I cn update on the existing DS 160. And if I fill another, then do I need to carry both or only the updated one. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tauqueernoor View Post
              I'm in a same situation. Do I need to re fill another DS 160 or is there any ways I cn update on the existing DS 160. And if I fill another, then do I need to carry both or only the updated one. Thanks
              Fill a new one & Call local consulate & have the DS160 updated with your appointment..

Keep copies of both at the time of interview, to be on safer side.
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Please let me know how did you guys work on this rescheduling. I am in same situation since I blocked appointment in Calgary since Toronto is not even showing up any slots availability. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi, I'm in the same situation. Was someone able to reschedule without updating DS-160 within Canada? Thank you!

Comment

Hi,
                    You can change Embassy/consulate Appointment location after you submit DS 160 form.. But, Please make sure to change location in same Country.. In this case, you dont really require to fill new DS 160 form.
                    Thanks

Comment

I have the same issue. I've read that I can reschedule for another city with the same DS160 that I submitted. But in the rescheduling section in my profile, it says: "The Consular Section location selected below must match the Consular Section location entered on the DS-160 Number form."

Any advice?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X