B2 Visitor Visa undergoing administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visitor Visa undergoing administrative processing

Hoping someone here could help me out as I am confused on what next steps to take.

I applied for a visitor visa for my mother. This would be the third time doing it as the previous two times, she was denied outright at the US embassy and given a yellow slip of paper. This time, however, she was instead given a white piece of paper stating "your visa has been denied pending administrative approval section 221 g." Online, it states "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing". The wording here is what confuses me. Has she been denied for a visa or is there hope she may get one? The embassy took her passport which I have been told is a good sign. She was also told to fill out an email they would be sending her as soon as possible. The email had basic questions about her children, siblings, travel history, addresses, passport information, employment history, etc... (she had all this with her at the interview but they must have conveniently forgotten to ask about it). The interviewer made no mention of whether she had passed or not.

My question is what is the likelihood of her getting a B2 visa and if anyone has gone through this, what the waiting time was? Obviously, the thing now is to just wait it out but I am nervous as all heck and feel like I should be doing more. If anyone could help me out here, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks ya'll.

They are checking something regarding her application and her background.

Please wait to hear from them.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post

I have a same issue I applied for my mother in law for medical treatment they hold her passport and the case still showing administrative processing passport status shows no information available we are waiting since July 5th 2018

Comment

I just checked the status online they refused the visa for my mother in law and my brother in law but the passport status still shows no further information available what is that mean can any one help pls ???

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by immihelp View Post

they refused the visa but still holding the passport why is that pls help

Comment

[QUOTE=guddiruby09;576062]I just checked the status online they refused the visa for my mother in law and my brother in law but the passport status still shows no further information available what is that mean can any one help pls ??? when they went for interview they gave them green letter 221g and asked submit doctor letter appt date and cost of the treatment from the doctor in America we send them a email back on July 14 they have us a call yesterday July 31,2018 tHt they are still waiting for the documents I told them that we already send it to you on July 14 ,they asked if we can resend them an email I send it yesterday and when i checked tidy in the morning the status showed refused its said your visa refused please follow the instruction on the letter given at the time of the interview and passport status still shows no further information available can you pls help me

Comment

Originally posted by guddiruby09 View Post
            I just checked the status online they refused the visa for my mother in law and my brother in law but the passport status still shows no further information available what is that mean can any one help pls ??? when they went for interview they gave them green letter 221g and asked submit doctor letter appt date and cost of the treatment from the doctor in America we send them a email back on July 14 they have us a call yesterday July 31,2018 tHt they are still waiting for the documents I told them that we already send it to you on July 14 ,they asked if we can resend them an email I send it yesterday and when i checked tidy in the morning the status showed refused its said your visa refused please follow the instruction on the letter given at the time of the interview and passport status still shows no further information available can you pls help me
            you will need to contact the consulate regarding your mother and brother in laws passports
            This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X