tourist visa after ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tourist visa after ban

Hello, just wondering if anyone on here know of anyone that has been approved a tourist visa after being deported with a 10 year ban. I entered the country illegally with my parents when I was 7, they claimed a false asylum and of course that was denied. I was 22 when I was deported. If I apply for a tourist visa I will be applying as a Mexican citizen, however when the asylum case was filed, it was filed as if we were Guatemalans (my dad grew up there). I have been at my job for 5 years, my salary is above average (for the town I live in), I have plenty of money saved up, in the past 2 years I?ve traveled to Canada, Asia, Europe, South America, but I also do not own a home, and am not married...can this be seen as not enough ties? Purpose of travel to the US will be to visit friends from school. The 10 years have passed, will I need to apply for a pardon? Before or after I submit the visa application? I?ll most likely get denied but would really like to know of anyone with similar situation.
    Thanks everyone

You can apply again and try. Make sure to put all the details accurately and not hide anything.

It is hard to predict the chances in your case.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

It's not as widely found but you could find travel ban cases by searching the web. Nobody can really predict what will happen and this circumstance is so particular to you that any other case doesn't likely predict what will happen for you.

I would not recommend applying the day after the 10 year ban. Maybe wait for a year or two after your ban expires. Then apply and be completely truthful or you risk getting another (likely permanent) ban.

Best not get hopes up and if it does work out, count your blessings.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X