Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 - Employment Information - Government Pensioner - Visa Renewal

Hi,
    I am applying for my father's visa renewal and he is a retired government pensioner. He has multiple sources of income, such as Pension, Family Pension and Rental Income.

In the employment section, it is mentioned that employment information of the last five years has to be provided. He has not been actively employed with any organisation in the last five years, but was so 6 years ago. But, he is an active pensioner from the government. I have selected Retired as the option.

I had the following questions -
    - Given the aforementioned circumstances, do I select Yes or No under previously employed section.
    - He has had multiple employers over the span of his career, do the employment details of ONLY the past 5 years have to be provided or all?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Also, I am very thankful for this community, it helped me immensely in my successful visa application 10 years ago.

Maybe I missed the 5-year part. When I filled my mother's form, I put in her work details going back forever (she got the visa).

Comment

Originally posted by alltheway View Post
      - Given the aforementioned circumstances, do I select Yes or No under previously employed section.
      Yes, & provide the details where he use to work.

Originally posted by alltheway View Post
      - He has had multiple employers over the span of his career, do the employment details of ONLY the past 5 years have to be provided or all?
      The last few employers would be good enough.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X