US tourist visa long stays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US tourist visa long stays

From India went to USA 11 times.last 6 visits were above 5 months everytime. I never over stayed and never broke any law. Tourist visa got refused in march. I work online so I really do not work in america. I really am a 100% real tourist so how can I convince them to give me a visa?

Originally posted by mike14 View Post
    From India went to USA 11 times.last 6 visits were above 5 months everytime. I never over stayed and never broke any law. Tourist visa got refused in march. I work online so I really do not work in america. I really am a 100% real tourist so how can I convince them to give me a visa?

It's not always about not overstaying. They will look at the # of times you have come here to the U.S. and the length of stays each time. If your visits appear frequent and excessive, and just your last 6 visits puts you in the U.S. for 30 + months alone which is certainly excessive for a tourist visa, it will appear you are not really using the visa appropriately.

Also, keep in mind that obtaining a visa now, any visa, or getting visas renewed, is much more difficult than it has been in the past. I am not sure why you mentioned "you work online so you don't really work in America", unless they denied the visa because they feel as though you are doing just that.

Even if you are just 100% a tourist, It appears the visa officer felt as though you have had plenty of time in America to visit and tour. All you can do is re-apply.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Originally posted by mike14 View Post
      (Assuming you are a working-age adult)....
      What exactly are you doing there, if you are not working in America? You visit 5 months at a time. Barring retired/old parents, most people (of working age) can't take 5 month vacations every year. What you are doing there is a central consideration.

If you are working online, I think that acts against you since you ARE working while physically present in the US: living and working while there. It's almost as if you have established residency there by stealth using a B2 visitor visa. B2s are not meant for that, so your use would appear to me in violation of the purpose of B2, even though you have not technically breached any law. The correct visa for living there without working would be an immigrant visa.

If they have a concern that you're practically living in the US, that can only be alleviated by you staying away from the US for an extended period. Perhaps, having a fulltime job which ties you physically to your home country, so that you have to be back. After a long while then, perhaps they could give you another shot.
      Last edited by Mogu; 07-27-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X