Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b1 visa approved but administrative processing case status never updated

Visa Interview: May 22, 2018
    Interview Outcome: Visa approved (no 221(g) no slip given)
    Case Created: May 22, 2018
    Case Updated: May 22, 2018
    Current Status: Administrative Processing

Please can some one help me out!
    I attended interview on 22.MAY.2018 in US consulate Mumbai and Visa was approved. The case is stuck in Administrative Processing since 22.MAY.2018 with no further updates. After my interview the consulate officer told me my visa is approved and i can collect it from my drop point within four days and Consulate hold my passport. No given any slip, the consulate officer given us only 4 Languages of visa approved small piece of paper. After my interview I never got email or phone calls from the US embassy, since 73 days now, the US embassy Mumbai they never requesting any additional documents. My visa case was never update since 73 days after my interview Case created: 22-May-2018, Case Last Update: 22- May-2018,
    Actually, unlike other consulates, Mumbai US Consulate doesn't have an email address to send your queries. May be there is a valid reason for it.
    I did send an email to support-India@ every day since 65days but that doesn't help much unless they have an updated information from Consulate.
    Any ideas
    1) How long will this take?
    2) What is going on?
    3) Is there a way to contact the Mumbai US consulate Email ID?
    4) Anyone else stuck in similar boat?

5) Anyone has any idea about such case? Appreciate your help guys and thank you ..

Originally posted by chityala View Post

I attended interview on 22.MAY.2018 in US consulate Mumbai and Visa was approved. The case is stuck in Administrative Processing since 22.MAY.2018 with no further updates. After my interview the consulate officer told me my visa is approved and i can collect it from my drop point within four days and Consulate hold my passport. No given any slip, the consulate officer given us only 4 Languages of visa approved small piece of paper. After my interview I never got email or phone calls from the US embassy, since 73 days now, the US embassy Mumbai they never requesting any additional documents. My visa case was never update since 73 days after my interview Case created: 22-May-2018, Case Last Update: 22- May-2018,
    Actually, unlike other consulates, Mumbai US Consulate doesn't have an email address to send your queries. May be there is a valid reason for it.
    I did send an email to support-India@ every day since 65days but that doesn't help much unless they have an updated information from Consulate.
    Any ideas
    2) What is going on?

5) Anyone has any idea about such case? Appreciate your help guys and thank you ..
    Hi, I am really sorry to hear about that. Can I know about your Interview and your profile as well !!

Comment

Originally posted by chityala View Post

Any ideas
      2) What is going on?

probably a silly question, but did you ever think to try going back in 4 days to pick up your passport even though you hadn't heard anything? if the VO said you could pick it up it's probably sitting there waiting for you..
      This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Reach out to them over phone/email & check your status. The online system is not 100% accurate.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X