Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa

Hi

My brother applied for US Visa in July 2018. When he filled up the DS 160 Form he was unemployed and preparing for Government exams.He cleared UPSC Assistant commandent exam and got his results on 30th June 2018. But his Visa interview was on July 3rd,2018. Even though he showed up his result the Visa officer rejected his Visa on the basis of the DS 160. He will be starting his Job in the month of November and will thus will not be able to visit me for the next year. I stay in USA. My husband is pursuing his PHD here. So I wanted my brother to visit me for one month. Is there any possibilty that if he applies again he will get the Visa and if not any hope?

Originally posted by Bhawna Krishna View Post
    Hi

My brother applied for US Visa in July 2018. When he filled up the DS 160 Form he was unemployed and preparing for Government exams.He cleared UPSC Assistant commandent exam and got his results on 30th June 2018. But his Visa interview was on July 3rd,2018. Even though he showed up his result the Visa officer rejected his Visa on the basis of the DS 160. He will be starting his Job in the month of November and will thus will not be able to visit me for the next year. I stay in USA. My husband is pursuing his PHD here. So I wanted my brother to visit me for one month. Is there any possibilty that if he applies again he will get the Visa and if not any hope?
    It's only worth applying again if something has changed from before. They likely rejected him due to his unemployment and no ties to his country. If he's still going to be unemployed up until November, then nothing has really changed in the eyes of immigration.

However you could fill out another DS 160 this time inputting his job offer and take with him to the interview his start date etc and any permanent ties to the country. I can't tell you if anything will change though. Immigration look very suspiciously at young, unemployed people.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

I don't think unemployment is the only reason for his rejection. What questions were asked & answered.

He needed to prove his strong ties to his home country, does his profile shows ties? If not, he will be rejected again.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X