Dad has 3 years passport and attending tourist visa interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad has 3 years passport and attending tourist visa interview

My dad has got 3 years Indian passport as he was involved in a false civil land dispute during our house construction in 2014. As Police has given No Objection certificate, hence court judge gave passport validity of 3 years. He is attending visitor visa interview next month in Chennai. What precautionary measures he need to take while speaking to consulate officer so that he approves his visa? We did mention in the application DS160 under section "security and background information" that he was involved in police case. Please note my mom is also attending interview with him but she has 10 years passport. Any guidance will be highly appreciated

carry supporting documents/ be honest about your case history

Under the given circumstances of the case, you should take supporting documents pertaining to the case hearing and be honest about the case history. Since it is a civil suit and not a criminal offence and effectively no criminal history, your parents should not have a problem to get tourist visa.

Comment

Originally posted by venkat387 View Post
      My dad has got 3 years Indian passport as he was involved in a false civil land dispute during our house construction in 2014. As Police has given No Objection certificate, hence court judge gave passport validity of 3 years. He is attending visitor visa interview next month in Chennai. What precautionary measures he need to take while speaking to consulate officer so that he approves his visa? We did mention in the application DS160 under section "security and background information" that he was involved in police case. Please note my mom is also attending interview with him but she has 10 years passport. Any guidance will be highly appreciated
      He might be questioned for the case, but he should be good to apply & get the visa.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X