Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 stuck in administrative processing

Hi,

I have applied for B1/B2 visa on August 13th(hyderabad). The interview went smoothly and the interviewer took my passport and handed over 221(g) white form with administrative processing checked on that form. I have asked her while giving my form "is my visa approved?". The interviewer told its just a small formality within 1-2 weeks you will get to know, don't worry she has mentioned. Now I have requirement to travel to Canada as I have already got my work permit(might be in 2 weeks). The status is still stuck in administrative processing but the case date updated to 21st Aug yest but still in AP.

Case created -10 Aug-2018
    Case date updated -13 Aug 2018
    case date again updated-21 Aug 2018

Can we withdraw the passport from the embassy or do i Need to wait ?
    Or can we withdraw the passport and ask them to still continue with AP process.?

Please advice.

Originally posted by jaya91 View Post
    Hi,

I have applied for B1/B2 visa on August 13th(hyderabad). The interview went smoothly and the interviewer took my passport and handed over 221(g) white form with administrative processing checked on that form. I have asked her while giving my form "is my visa approved?". The interviewer told its just a small formality within 1-2 weeks you will get to know, don't worry she has mentioned. Now I have requirement to travel to Canada as I have already got my work permit(might be in 2 weeks). The status is still stuck in administrative processing but the case date updated to 21st Aug yest but still in AP.

Case created -10 Aug-2018
    Case date updated -13 Aug 2018
    case date again updated-21 Aug 2018

Can we withdraw the passport from the embassy or do i Need to wait ?
    Or can we withdraw the passport and ask them to still continue with AP process.?

Please advice.

I would suggest to wait, its worth waiting since the VO took your passport.

Signs are positive that you'll get the visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X