Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience in UK USA Embassy + 1 Question

Hi All,

i thought i will pass on my experince with the USA emabassy in London as this forum has been useful and want to give something back to the community.

My case: Twice USA visa rejected 1. Student visa from India 2002 2. Tourist visa (British passport) 2013.

Set the appointment last week for 10am.

Arrived at 9:15 they check your DS160 outside and said to come join the que at 9:30 (so dont rush as even if you are early you are only allowed in 30min before)

Then its like an airport style security check PS: No luggage is allowed (big bags) but there is a place nearby where some 3rd party guy holds it for you. Dont know the details but the security guys show you where it is

Then once you through to this you stand in a que again and they check the DS form again and now give you a token number and send to the respective floor.(1st in my case B2 visa)

Then once there i think in about 15min my number was called.

They check your DS160 again and your biometrics is taken and was asked why i did not apply for ESTA i said i did try and was rejected. They asked me why and i said possibly as i have had a rejection before. and she said yes its unlikely you get an ESTA approved if you have a previous rejection.

Then was asked to go and sit down and wait for my number to be called for the interview.

1hr:30min later they called my number

VO: Why you going to USA
    ME: Want to visit NY and i am going with my family
    VO:Where do you work
    ME:Answered it and he knew my company
    VO:How long have i worked there
    ME:Told him the number of years
    VO:Seems like you been rejected before
    ME:Yes twice 2002/2013
    VO:Well it has been a considerable time-i grant you your visa 10years multiple entry. Your passport will be sent on the prefered method you have chosen during application.
    ME:Thank you and ran away before he changed his mind!

PS:Not one document was requested by the VO. I did not even open my file.

MY QUESTION

The visa was approved and i have received the passport on Monday so all is well. I am planning to go to NY next week, alone- not with my family as my friend has box seats to watch the US open! and i am planning to go just for 2 days something like leave Friday and back monday.

Will there be any problem at the port of entry? I.E. will they say why its a short trip or why my family has not come? my friend stays in NJ which is very near to NY so i am going to stay with him will that a problem. Probably i am paranoid but dont want any refusal at the port of entry. Any advise please?

Kind Regards,
    Vimal

Originally posted by vimalkm9 View Post
    The visa was approved and i have received the passport on Monday so all is well. I am planning to go to NY next week, alone- not with my family as my friend has box seats to watch the US open! and i am planning to go just for 2 days something like leave Friday and back monday.

Will there be any problem at the port of entry? I.E. will they say why its a short trip or why my family has not come? my friend stays in NJ which is very near to NY so i am going to stay with him will that a problem. Probably i am paranoid but dont want any refusal at the port of entry. Any advise please?

Kind Regards,
    Vimal
    Congratulations for your visa. You won't have any issue at POE.

Feel free to mention that this visit is just to watch the US open & planning to go back soon.

For the family visit (if questioned) you can mentioned that, you'll plan the family visit later or in couple of week/months.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X