Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone visited the U.S. again after a 6 month trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone visited the U.S. again after a 6 month trip?

Hi everyone, I'm a 24-year old Australian. I just spent 6 months visiting the U.S. on a B-2 visa - I had an incredible time there and just loved it! I also met someone who I am now in a relationship with who is U.S. resident.
    I wanted to ask when is the soonest I could come back and visit the U.S. again, I know that having spent 6 months there some people have suggested that I should spend 6 months back in Australia before returning. I would love to return sooner to see my girlfriend and travel around for some months. I could provide evidence of sufficient funds ($30k +) when arriving again as I spent ages saving up (so they wouldn't think I am working at all, or needing to). I know all of this is up to the immigration official at the border so my question is - has anyone had any experience with this? Being let into the U.S. or not let in after extended stays and coming back within the year?

Thanks!

Originally posted by sammy3612 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm a 24-year old Australian. I just spent 6 months visiting the U.S. on a B-2 visa - I had an incredible time there and just loved it! I also met someone who I am now in a relationship with who is U.S. resident.
    I wanted to ask when is the soonest I could come back and visit the U.S. again, I know that having spent 6 months there some people have suggested that I should spend 6 months back in Australia before returning. I would love to return sooner to see my girlfriend and travel around for some months. I could provide evidence of sufficient funds ($30k +) when arriving again as I spent ages saving up (so they wouldn't think I am working at all, or needing to). I know all of this is up to the immigration official at the border so my question is - has anyone had any experience with this? Being let into the U.S. or not let in after extended stays and coming back within the year?

Thanks!
    You know pretty much all about it.

Its the immigration officer's decision & how you convince the officer with your legitimate reason for the next visit.

Funds are okay, but by staying in USA longer, you are misusing your tourist visa & not showing ties to your home country - Furthermore, you'll soon be applying for your immigrant visa based on your relationship - whole thing sounds fishy.

Better to explore & get an K1 visa & freely visit USA.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      You know pretty much all about it.

Its the immigration officer's decision & how you convince the officer with your legitimate reason for the next visit.

Funds are okay, but by staying in USA longer, you are misusing your tourist visa & not showing ties to your home country - Furthermore, you'll soon be applying for your immigrant visa based on your relationship - whole thing sounds fishy.

Better to explore & get an K1 visa & freely visit USA.
      Thanks so much for this info. I will look into the K1 visa. As someone that has been a serious relationship with someone for 3 months and will have been 6 months total - does it just require being engaged? Have you heard any stories?

Comment

Originally posted by sammy3612 View Post
        Thanks so much for this info. I will look into the K1 visa. As someone that has been a serious relationship with someone for 3 months and will have been 6 months total - does it just require being engaged? Have you heard any stories?
        Not very sure about K1 visa & its requirements.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X