R B1/B2 Job interview - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R B1/B2 Job interview - HELP!

I'm an Indian citizen studying in Canada (on a student visa).

I have a job interview in the United States and around a year ago I got an R B1/B2 visa from the American embassy.

My question is, can I enter the US on the basis of a job interview with this visa? I will be there for 2-3 days and the company is booking a hotel for me. I obviously intend to return to Canada after 2 days to continue with my studies.

If so, what should I say at the Port-Of-Entry? I heard they deny lots of people who even hint at moving to the US and I'm Indian so thats even worse.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Originally posted by IndianInCanada View Post
    I'm an Indian citizen studying in Canada (on a student visa).

I have a job interview in the United States and around a year ago I got an R B1/B2 visa from the American embassy.

My question is, can I enter the US on the basis of a job interview with this visa? I will be there for 2-3 days and the company is booking a hotel for me. I obviously intend to return to Canada after 2 days to continue with my studies.

If so, what should I say at the Port-Of-Entry? I heard they deny lots of people who even hint at moving to the US and I'm Indian so thats even worse.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks
    The immigration officer will not buy your intention to return back. Second, appearing for an Job interview in not allowed on B visas.

Being an Indian national is not your fault - neither USA is biased based on your nationality/citizenship.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X