Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Travel- Need advice

Hi everyone,

I need some help on my mother's travel to the US. I am on F-1 visa and my mother visited the US in May for my graduation. She has a 10-year multiple entry B-2 visa. Now I'm pregnant and planning to call her in December. I'd like to know
    1. If we can book tickets just one way or will that be a problem at Port of Entry
    2. Will it be a problem at POE as she is visiting for the second time and should she mention that she is visiting for my pregnancy

Please advice.
    Thank you!

Originally posted by prikon View Post
    1. If we can book tickets just one way or will that be a problem at Port of Entry
    You can book one way ticket & generally its not a problem. However its good to have a return ticket, just in case if the officer asks for it.

Its worth buying return ticket, rather risking your entry.

2. Will it be a problem at POE as she is visiting for the second time and should she mention that she is visiting for my pregnancy
    How long she stayed during her last visit? When did she went back?

Generally a person on visitor visa need to stay longer in his/her home country compared to his/her stay in USA.

So if she stayed in USA for 3 months in her last visit, she should stay more than 3 months in her home country for a better track record & hassle free entry for future visits as well.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      You can book one way ticket & generally its not a problem. However its good to have a return ticket, just in case if the officer asks for it.

Its worth buying return ticket, rather risking your entry.

How long she stayed during her last visit? When did she went back?

Generally a person on visitor visa need to stay longer in his/her home country compared to his/her stay in USA.

So if she stayed in USA for 3 months in her last visit, she should stay more than 3 months in her home country for a better track record & hassle free entry for future visits as well.
      Thank you . She stayed for 1 month in her last visit. Also should she mention that her purpose of travel is to help me during pregnancy or will that be a problem?

Comment

Thank you . She stayed for 1 month in her last visit. Also should she mention that her purpose of travel is to help me during pregnancy or will that be a problem?
        1 month stay is good thing. She can come back after staying in her country for >1 month.

Mentioning about your pregnancy will be a risk, as your mother will indirectly doing an job of care-giver or baby-sitter.

Just pure tourism or some religious festival celebration with family would be better.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X