Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visitor Visa to Attend Friend Marriage Ceremony in U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa to Attend Friend Marriage Ceremony in U.S.

Last edited by israrkazmi; 01-05-2020, 07:27 PM.

Originally posted by israrkazmi View Post
    Hello,

I have an opportunity to present one of my friend's marriage in the U.S. and he can invite me. I wanted to apply for Tourist Visa (U.S. Embassy Islamabad). I need an opinion should I do that or not?

1. In Dec 2016 my B1/B2 visa got rejected. I was invited by a company I was working with but it got rejected with 214(b) reason.

What circumstances have been changed:
    1. When I applied in 2016, none of my family members was in the U.S. Now my brother is in the U.S.
    2. Now I had better bank statement than before.
    3. Previously I was working with American Employer (Remote Job) who invited me. But now I am working with my local company.

circumstances remain the same:
    1. I still didn't visit any other country. Means still do not have any international travel.
    2. I am still single. Now I am 30 years old.

I need an expert opinion on that should I apply or not? If yes, what things I should take care of to have a better impact on Visa Counsellor Officer. OR if you think it's better I should apply to visit my brother if its more genuine reason then visiting a friend marriage ceremoney.

Thanks a lot.
    Frankly, your chances for the visa is 50-50.

First, being married is assumed to be good point to prove ties to your home country.
    Second, your earlier application for B1 was more legitimate, compare to your B2 application now.
    Third, other country traveling is generally not asked for B2 only visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by israrkazmi
      Thanks for your opinion. I was really waiting for your resposne. If you can please answer the following questins.

1. My visa chances can be improved if I say that I wanted to meet my brother and do not discuss the marriage of my friend?
      In my opinion, Marriage of a friend rather have better chances of getting visa - you might need to prove how close that friend is with you (like childhood friend, old classmate etc).

Also there is a possibility that he could have me as his Best Man in his wedding? Will this improve th chances? I might need to participate in some of his wedding expenses but this is something can make the case more justifiable.

Please let me know your thoughts on it if I apply and show as I am the Best Man for his wedding.
      Yes, but you'll need to prove your long association with your friend, like you've spent years together in school/university/work as good friend.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I am almost ready for my application. Just need your help to clear few more questions mentioned below.
        Too long story to read & respond.
        What can I say to show that I have a long lasting relationship. Typically this is not something which can be documented and they generally do not ask for any such document. Do I need to just say during the time of answring question why I wanted go to U.S. ? or Visa Officer will ask this question and then I had to answer.
        As I said earlier, get copies of your school certificate showing you both studied together. Or lived in same community etc.
        During the interview, if asked, answer that you've a close childhood friend etc.
        Last time when I visited for B1/B2, I asked Visa Officer twice that I have bank statement if he wanted to review or the invitation letter but he didn't responded on my offer to show him these docs. How to make this happen that he would check my bank statement to get an idea about the funds I have?
        Obviously, he was not concerned about your bank balance & something else might be bothering him to give you visa. IF his thought was to reject your visa for some other reason, he will definitely won't be interested to see your bank statement.
        Thirdly, I have my Mom who will be at home and she is also sick. Can I bring some of her illness document to show the Visa Officer that I can't stay longer due to my mother sicknes. But again, they do not ask such documents and even if I need to give them some docs, they would never say "okay show me what you have". How to deal with this situation?
        Uesless, don't even tell this.
        Also tell me if Visa Officer ask that why your previous application rejected? I can't say anything. I can say that it was due to 214(b) but they already knew it. What could be the appropriate answer if VO ask that why I was rejected before?
        Do you really know, why was it rejected?
        If no, tell the truth that you really don't know. Frankly, they already know a lot about you from multiple sources, sometime even from ******** or Linkedin.
        Also tell me will VO ask what circumstances have been changed? So that I could tell him/her point by point that which circumstances have been changed?
        Yes he can ask, what circumstances are changed. And you should share clearly.
        Also tell me do they ask the current employment letter? Job offer Letter? Any Business Card or Employee Card or anything which could prove that I am currently employed with an employer? As per my experience, they just talk and do not request a single document to review. Is that a standard protocol or they ask to the document only if they think it's necessary and when they have to reject the case they don't ask anything?
        They ask for document, when they are not sure about your profile from their own sources.

They don't ask for any documentation, when they are sure you are lying or not lying.
        Final Question.
        For example, I have show in past I worked with Employer A during this time.
        For second attempt I show that tenure with different Employer B.
        Will this be considered a mis-representation of facts and they can ban for 10 years? Even though I do not have any such case but just in case anything happens, do they count such things?
        Yes, do not cross yourself. If they found you cheating, you can be banned for your lifetime.
        Last time when I applied, I filled the DS-160 in the mid of week and on next Monday appointment was available. Do they call the person you mention in your application to check the legitimicy of the contact person or not? In my previous case, they do not call my employer nor send any email. Will they call my friend this time to check on the facts about the relationship with friend?
        Yes, they can, if they think you are lying. I've seen people in USA getting call from USCIS, checking about their relative's visa application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X