Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Months, Still in Administrative Processing

Hey all,

I applied for a family member for a B2 visa to the US and she was put in administrative processing. The website shows that the case was created in Jul-18-2018 and last updated Jul-19-2018. It has now been almost 2 months since we last heard from embassy. I feel like this is too much time to be given just for a simple background check. Is there anything I can do or anyone I can call to ask about this? Any steps I should take? Thank you!

Originally posted by redriver View Post
    Hey all,

I applied for a family member for a B2 visa to the US and she was put in administrative processing. The website shows that the case was created in Jul-18-2018 and last updated Jul-19-2018. It has now been almost 2 months since we last heard from embassy. I feel like this is too much time to be given just for a simple background check. Is there anything I can do or anyone I can call to ask about this? Any steps I should take? Thank you!
    Did they kept passport? or returned back?

You can call/email embassy for the updated status.

We have seen in multiple cases, that the online site is not 100% accurate.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X