Question on parent-in-law B2 Visa Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on parent-in-law B2 Visa Interview

I'm a US citizen and my wife holds Korean passport but she was born in China. She recently received the permanent resident card and we plan to have her parents, who live in China, come to visit us. So her parents went through the B2 visa process and just finished the interview at the embassy in Beijing. They were asked about their daughter (my wife)'s nationality, and were told the case not be processed there. The interviewer didn't give a reason why they don't process cases like this and also didn't give direction on what to do next. Has anyone experienced situation like this before?

Information I provided:
    -proof of citizenship
    -invitation letter
    -banking info
    -work info
    -wife's green card
    -wife's social security
    -marriage certificate

I can understand if the embassy reject the visa application due to some reasons, but if they say they don't process cases like this, why allow the interview to take place? The only reason that I can think of is that some of my wife's documents are in Korean. I'm not sure what to do next
    Last edited by albert2000; 09-15-2018, 04:01 PM.

Originally posted by albert2000 View Post
    I can understand if the embassy reject the visa application due to some reasons, but if they say they don't process cases like this, why allow the interview to take place? The only reason that I can think of is that some of my wife's documents are in Korean. I'm not sure what to do next
    Yes, quite possible its because of Korean language.

What is your parent-in-law's citizenship - do they hold Chinese passport or Korean passport?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X