Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitoe?r visa 2nd visit in Same calendar year

Hello ,
    I have a quick question. We had our first baby last year so my parents visited me from india on feb 2 to june 23 this year. Now our baby is turning 1 in october and my parents are planning to attend the birthday here in US. My parents are on B1/b2 visitor visa.

When they went to book tickets with travel agent in india the were told by the agent that they might get denied entry into the US because my parents are trying to enter US again too soon.

Wanted to reach out to you and seek a quick opinion on whether my parents are ok to come back in october again? My parents plan to leave for canada by dec 2018. But they plan to come back in US again from canada in mar 2019 and then leave for india. So they are booking tickets as oct 9 entry in US and then april 26 leave US again for india

I am confused.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Hasnains View Post
    Hello ,
    I have a quick question. We had our first baby last year so my parents visited me from india on feb 2 to june 23 this year. Now our baby is turning 1 in october and my parents are planning to attend the birthday here in US. My parents are on B1/b2 visitor visa.

When they went to book tickets with travel agent in india the were told by the agent that they might get denied entry into the US because my parents are trying to enter US again too soon.

Wanted to reach out to you and seek a quick opinion on whether my parents are ok to come back in october again? My parents plan to leave for canada by dec 2018. But they plan to come back in US again from canada in mar 2019 and then leave for india. So they are booking tickets as oct 9 entry in US and then april 26 leave US again for india

I am confused.

Thanks in advance
    Its totally on the discretion of the CBP officer to allow them to enter or not.

Ideally, one should stay in their home country longer than how much they stayed in USA.

So, after 4.5 months of stay in USA, they should stay in India for > 4.5 months (+/- 1-2 months is fine). Which means chances are good for them to come in Oct/Nov.

At the POE, upon questioning, they can show their return tickets of Dec 2018 (which will be more positive for them).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X