No announcement yet.

i-94 extension for second time after receiving 'Limited Stay' from immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-94 extension for second time after receiving 'Limited Stay' from immigration

Hi

My name is Sirisha. I live in Chicago. My mom who is on B-2 visa visited me on September 17, 2018. She is from India. This is her 3rd visit to US in 4 years.

1st time - She visited me and my sister in July 2014 along with my dad. My dad left in 2 months. But, my mom stayed for 5 months.

2nd time - She visited me in April 2017 and then went to my sister's place who lives in Arizona as my sister was expecting her first baby. She stayed with my sister for 6 months. Due to some personal reasons, my sister applied for extension of my mom's stay for 3 more months. But, my mom left in 1 month after applying for extension. Her extension got approved after she left to India.

3rd time (Now) - I am expecting my first baby in few days. My mom came to Chicago on September 17, 2018. During immigration, officer took her aside and called my sister to ask few questions (My mom doesn't speak English). After that they gave her 'Limited Stay' for 2 months though we booked her ticket for 5 and half months stay.

I am wondering if it's risky to apply for extension again for 3 more months after receiving 'Limited Stay' on her passport immigration stamp. Will it affect her next visit?

Thanks!

Originally posted by sirishaalluri View Post
    Hi

My name is Sirisha. I live in Chicago. My mom who is on B-2 visa visited me on September 17, 2018. She is from India. This is her 3rd visit to US in 4 years.

1st time - She visited me and my sister in July 2014 along with my dad. My dad left in 2 months. But, my mom stayed for 5 months.

2nd time - She visited me in April 2017 and then went to my sister's place who lives in Arizona as my sister was expecting her first baby. She stayed with my sister for 6 months. Due to some personal reasons, my sister applied for extension of my mom's stay for 3 more months. But, my mom left in 1 month after applying for extension. Her extension got approved after she left to India.

3rd time (Now) - I am expecting my first baby in few days. My mom came to Chicago on September 17, 2018. During immigration, officer took her aside and called my sister to ask few questions (My mom doesn't speak English). After that they gave her 'Limited Stay' for 2 months though we booked her ticket for 5 and half months stay.

I am wondering if it's risky to apply for extension again for 3 more months after receiving 'Limited Stay' on her passport immigration stamp. Will it affect her next visit?

Thanks!
    Your mom had already raised a red flag. Submitting extension with a mark of ?limited stay? on passport, is contradicting to each other.

Better to let her go back within 2 months & come back after 2-3 months. To avoid any issues in future.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

apply for extension.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X