Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying B2 Visa for parents

Hi,

My dad, mom, sister and father-in-law had gone for B2 visa interview and their visa had been refused. The reason was mentioned as that they don't have strong ties with the home country but the VO didn't even ask for any of the documents to look at it.

I thought of re-applying the visa for my mom and dad alone within a month interval. I think my dad and mom have a strong reason now to convince the VO officer that they will come back as they are leaving my unmarried sister in INDIA. They are planning to stay in USA for 3 weeks only. But am worried again if the VO officer may refuse again without even looking or asking more details about it. How to handle this?

Could you please provide your suggestions?

Originally posted by Prema253 View Post
    Hi,

My dad, mom, sister and father-in-law had gone for B2 visa interview and their visa had been refused. The reason was mentioned as that they don't have strong ties with the home country but the VO didn't even ask for any of the documents to look at it.

I thought of re-applying the visa for my mom and dad alone within a month interval. I think my dad and mom have a strong reason now to convince the VO officer that they will come back as they are leaving my unmarried sister in INDIA. They are planning to stay in USA for 3 weeks only. But am worried again if the VO officer may refuse again without even looking or asking more details about it. How to handle this?

Could you please provide your suggestions?
    VOs generally do not check on documents applicant bring along (its normal). They have their own system to verify what you mentioned in DS160 & what you saying in interview.

If things do not match, then only the VO asks for documents & after that also if he isn't convinced then the visa will be rejected.

What was the reason being shared during the interview for the visit?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      VOs generally do not check on documents applicant bring along (its normal). They have their own system to verify what you mentioned in DS160 & what you saying in interview.

If things do not match, then only the VO asks for documents & after that also if he isn't convinced then the visa will be rejected.

What was the reason being shared during the interview for the visit?
      Thank you for the response.

VO mentioned that they dont have strong ties with home country and hence he refused. That's why I decided leaving my sister and father-in-law in home country and applying VISA for my mom and dad. My parents will go back in 3 weeks from USA as they are looking for a match to my unmarried sister. So i think this time they have a strong reason to convince VO for returning back to home country.

Comment

Thank you for the response.

VO mentioned that they dont have strong ties with home country and hence he refused. That's why I decided leaving my sister and father-in-law in home country and applying VISA for my mom and dad. My parents will go back in 3 weeks from USA as they are looking for a match to my unmarried sister. So i think this time they have a strong reason to convince VO for returning back to home country.
        Yup, Best of Luck !!
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Yup, Best of Luck !!
          Thank you.

My father is a farmer, Do you think whether visa would be rejected since they are farmers?

Also I would like to know whether my parents should show their bank balance even though my husband sponsors them?

Comment

Thank you.

My father is a farmer, Do you think whether visa would be rejected since they are farmers?

Also I would like to know whether my parents should show their bank balance even though my husband sponsors them?
            No, being farmer doesn?t cause visa rejection.

However, staying outside ISA wothout money does impact visa - cause they can be treated as fully dependent on thier children in USA & potential immigrant.

Comment

Did you mention on the first DS-160 that they were travelling to the US to find a spouse for your sister?
              This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
                Did you mention on the first DS-160 that they were travelling to the US to find a spouse for your sister?
                Good guess

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X