How long should i stay in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should i stay in the US?

I need help on my situation. I applied for a visitor visa to the US. When I filled in my application, I requested a month and I was given a 2-year multiple entry visa.

I know that, at the port of entry, it's the immigration officer that determines one's stay. I now want to stay for 4 months, if the officer gives me 6 months when I enter. I don't plan to overstay and ruin my future travel chances.

What should I do to not ruin my chances, but still stay for 4 months? Can I book a return for one month then, later, extend it to 4 months?

If I stay for 4 months, won't they think I am not truthful the next time I apply for a visa?

Originally posted by Gozo246 View Post
    I need help on my situation. I applied for a visitor visa to the US. When I filled in my application, I requested a month and I was given a 2-year multiple entry visa.

I know that, at the port of entry, it's the immigration officer that determines one's stay. I now want to stay for 4 months, if the officer gives me 6 months when I enter. I don't plan to overstay and ruin my future travel chances.

What should I do to not ruin my chances, but still stay for 4 months? Can I book a return for one month then, later, extend it to 4 months?

If I stay for 4 months, won't they think I am not truthful the next time I apply for a visa?
    If once or twice you are extending your stay from what you mentioned at POE to the officer - its fine. Remember to not at all stay beyond your I94 at anytime.

But if you doing that regularly, it will create problem for further visits.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X