Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for sister (divorced) and her son

Hi,

I am on an F1 visa in the US (married and my spouse is in F1 visa as well). My graduation ceremony is in May. I am applying for a visitor visa for my father, mother, sister and nephew as I want them to join my graduation ceremony. They will face the visa interview together.

Following are the factors related to them.

- My parents are approximately 60 years old and they own houses. My sister is the only child living with them. The other two children (including me) are living abroad. I am in US, my another sibling is in Europe.
    - I will sponsor my parents.

- My sister is 23 years old and a 3rd-year student, single mom (divorced) with a 2.5 years old boy
    - Dependent on my parents
    - My parents will sponsor my sister and her son
    - My sister owns a house in her name (inherited from my father)

- I am sending an invitation letter from my university that includes all their names
    - Permission letter for 20 days leave from my sister's University
    - Tax documents (if needed)
    - Property documents (if needed)
    - Bank statement of my parents' account (if needed)

Can you please let me know if there is a possibility that my parents, sister and nephew will get the visitor visa? The negative sides, the positive sides in their application (portfolio), things I might include to increase the probability?

Originally posted by flying_albatros View Post
    Hi,

I am on an F1 visa in the US (married and my spouse is in F1 visa as well). My graduation ceremony is in May. I am applying for a visitor visa for my father, mother, sister and nephew as I want them to join my graduation ceremony. They will face the visa interview together.

- My parents are approximately 60 years old and they own houses. My sister is the only child living with them. The other two children (including me) are living abroad. I am in US, my another sibling is in Europe.

- My sister is 23 years old and a 3rd-year student, single mom (divorced) with a 2.5 years old boy

- I am sending an invitation letter from my university that includes all their names

Can you please let me know if there is a possibility that my parents, sister and nephew will get the visitor visa? The negative sides, the positive sides in their application (portfolio), things I might include to increase the probability?
    If all papers are accurate your parents should not have any problem getting the visa.

Your sister & nephew are dicey - she'll need to be bold & confident during the interview to prove that she don't have any intention to stay in USA.

Have her show as self sponsoring for the visit & have income from rent of property owned by her.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      If all papers are accurate your parents should not have any problem getting the visa.

Your sister & nephew are dicey - she'll need to be bold & confident during the interview to prove that she don't have any intention to stay in USA.

Have her show as self sponsoring for the visit & have income from rent of property owned by her.
      Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will try to show herself as self-sponsored.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_albatros View Post
        Hi,

Hello,
        I'm wondering how you were able to procure property, pay taxes etc when you are on a student visa in the U.S and are sponsoring so many people t come to the U.S. I can't imagine that you or your spouse are working??...I remember being on F1 decades ago and could barely take care of myself Plus dollar vs rupee was very favorable then, compared to now.

No disrespect (..in fact all the power to you that you have so many $$$ accumulated)...and your folks may have to explain how you have funds on a student visa and are trying to sponsor so many people to come to the U.S.

Let us know how you make out and best of luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X