Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi
    So my wife and I are planning to go for my first cousins wedding. So I have a few doubts regarding my application

1) I have been rejected once in 2014 but I was single and unmarried then. Now I am married and am full time into my family business. Will this hamper my visa application?
    2) I am planning to show that either the trip is going to be sponsored by me or by my family business? Which do you think is better in my case?
    3) My DS 160 is not submitted yet but my appointment confirmation is done. However in the appointment confirmation, my expired passport number is mentioned instead of the current one? Will this hamper anything? PS- My DS 160 has all the updated info

Awaiting your replies

Originally posted by roshan567 View Post
    1) I have been rejected once in 2014 but I was single and unmarried then. Now I am married and am full time into my family business. Will this hamper my visa application?
    Its better now, since you are married & showing ties to your home country.
    2) I am planning to show that either the trip is going to be sponsored by me or by my family business? Which do you think is better in my case?
    Self sponsoring the visit is always better. Collect evidence that you can afford the visit.
    3) My DS 160 is not submitted yet but my appointment confirmation is done. However in the appointment confirmation, my expired passport number is mentioned instead of the current one? Will this hamper anything? PS- My DS 160 has all the updated info
    Tell the officials at the VAC regarding this and they will correct it.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you so much for the replies @Libra_14. It has helped me out.

1) I just spoke to the US travel docs website and they too said the same, but I was concerned that the security at the VAC entrance will throw a problem since my Appointment Confirmation has my expired passport number. Will that be an issue?

2) Also, my travel is in the second half of october 2019 and my interview is in the beginning of April. Is it a bit early to apply (as in-while the VO ask as to why I have applied so early)?

3)The primary reason is that I am attending my cousins wedding, but also my wife also has an uncle in the US. So in her DS 160, for the section showing "U.S. Contact Information" should I mention my relatives details or her uncles details?

4) Lastly, in the "Travel Information" section, should I input B2 or B1/B2 as the visa type?

Awaiting your replies

Comment

Thank you so much for the replies @Libra_14. It has helped me out.

1) I just spoke to the US travel docs website and they too said the same, but I was concerned that the security at the VAC entrance will throw a problem since my Appointment Confirmation has my expired passport number. Will that be an issue?
        Should not be an issue, as the visa is related to individual & not attached to passport numbers.

Was that a typing mistake? or the renewed passport was issued after you took the appointment? Just ensure to mention the same to VO during interview that now you've a new passport.
        2) Also, my travel is in the second half of october 2019 and my interview is in the beginning of April. Is it a bit early to apply (as in-while the VO ask as to why I have applied so early)?
        Be ready to provide reason for the same during the interview.
        3)The primary reason is that I am attending my cousins wedding, but also my wife also has an uncle in the US. So in her DS 160, for the section showing "U.S. Contact Information" should I mention my relatives details or her uncles details?
        If you both are applying together, then better to have both of you mention same purpose of visit & same contact information.

Is there any specific reason you wanted to mention her uncle details?
        4) Lastly, in the "Travel Information" section, should I input B2 or B1/B2 as the visa type?
        You should apply for "B2" only, as the purpose is not business (B1) - you "might" eventually end up getting B1/B2 visa.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Should not be an issue, as the visa is related to individual & not attached to passport numbers.

Was that a typing mistake? or the renewed passport was issued after you took the appointment? Just ensure to mention the same to VO during interview that now you've a new passport.

Be ready to provide reason for the same during the interview.

If you both are applying together, then better to have both of you mention same purpose of visit & same contact information.

Is there any specific reason you wanted to mention her uncle details?

You should apply for "B2" only, as the purpose is not business (B1) - you "might" eventually end up getting B1/B2 visa.

Thanks again for your help.

1) Regarding the mention on the my expired passport in the appointment confirmation, it was a mistake from my end. I shall inform this to the authorities.

2) What reason can i give if I am asked by the VO as to why I am applying so early? Can you please give me an example

3) My wife also has an uncle in the US . Hence i asked the question. However I shall mention the same details in the application as to what I have mentioned in my application

4) I have input B1/B2 as of now. I shall change it to B2 only right away
          Last edited by roshan567; 03-07-2019, 04:10 AM.

Comment

1) Regarding the mention on the my expired passport in the appointment confirmation, it was a mistake from my end. I shall inform this to the authorities.
            Yes.
            2) What reason can i give if I am asked by the VO as to why I am applying so early? Can you please give me an example
            Tell the truth.
            3) My wife also has an uncle in the US . Hence i asked the question. However I shall mention the same details in the application as to what I have mentioned in my application
            Uncle is far relative & doesn't need to be mentioned only immediate relatives are.
            4) I have input B1/B2 as of now. I shall change it to B2 only right away
            sure.

Comment

Hi Libra_14
              Another query I have

1) The reason I am traveling to the US is for my cousin sisters wedding. Hence I have input her father (my uncle) name in the "Contact Person Name in the U.S.".
              However, for "Organization Name in the U.S." do I choose "DO NOT KNOW" or do I input the company name where my uncle works? As mentioned above the primary reason in traveling for a cousins wedding.

2) Also, in the "Monthly Salary in Local Currency (if employed):" I am a business owner so I do have a fixed income, what should I do in this case? Should I input "DOES NOT APPLY" or should I input an average of what I earn per month?
              Last edited by roshan567; 03-12-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

1) The reason I am traveling to the US is for my cousin sisters wedding. Hence I have input her father (my uncle) name in the "Contact Person Name in the U.S.".
                However, for "Organization Name in the U.S." do I choose "DO NOT KNOW" or do I input the company name where my uncle works? As mentioned above the primary reason in traveling for a cousins wedding.
                Please pt "N/A" or "DO NOT KNOW" for organization.

2) Also, in the "Monthly Salary in Local Currency (if employed):" I am a business owner so I do have a fixed income, what should I do in this case? Should I input "DOES NOT APPLY" or should I input an average of what I earn per month?
                Please put an average monthly & keep last year tax papers ready to prove that.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                  Please pt "N/A" or "DO NOT KNOW" for organization.

Please put an average monthly & keep last year tax papers ready to prove that.
                  Thank you all your help. I have completed most of it. Also one last question: In the registration certificate of my company only 2 partners can be mentioned hence my name is not mentioned in the registration certificate of my company, whereas I am a partner of the company and in the partnership deed, my photo and my name is clearly mentioned. So what should i do? Should I take a letter in my company letterhead stating that i am a working partner in the company?

Comment

I want to attend a church conference in the US. What visa type should I choose: B1 or B2 or both? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by 3trinity View Post
                      I want to attend a church conference in the US. What visa type should I choose: B1 or B2 or both? Thank you.
                      Better to open your own thread.

Who is paying for the visit/conference/stay?

What is the conference all about - is it related to business?

Comment

Hi Libra_14. Awaiting your reply

Comment

Thank you all your help. I have completed most of it. Also one last question: In the registration certificate of my company only 2 partners can be mentioned hence my name is not mentioned in the registration certificate of my company, whereas I am a partner of the company and in the partnership deed, my photo and my name is clearly mentioned. So what should i do? Should I take a letter in my company letterhead stating that i am a working partner in the company?
                          Yes, take a letter on your company letter head & have the other two registered partners sign on it.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. Also , I am planning to show my company registration certificate, partnership deed and my tax returns in case the visa officer asks me . But can I carry photocopies of all the documents or should I carry the originals m

Comment

Hi Libra_14
                              I just had my interview today at the Chennai Consulate and they have approved my visa. Any idea as to how long will it take to reach the location so that I can pick it up?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X