adjust of status to H1-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjust of status to H1-B

hi. I've stayed in US for more than 6 months. my tourist VISA expired already, but I found a job and the employer is willing to sponsor me. Will I get an approval?

You may get H-1 approval but you wont get change of status unless you have applied for H-1 before I-94 expiry.

Other wise you are illegally present and you may face problems when you go for stamping

Comment

h1? h1B?

Thank you for your reply suresh. Although, you got me confused. My tourist VISA (B2) i-94 was expired already. An employer can file a petition to H1-B on April 2007 I like to stay here in US and wait for the petition. Will I get the approval and legally work for the employer on October 2007?

Comment

You are saying your I-94 already expired and going to apply for H-1 for Oct 2007 in Apr 2007 and u are still in US. What status are you in now ?

Sorry to say, you are illegally present and if it is more than 180 days since your I-94 expired, you are subject to 3 year bar and if more than 360 days have passed, 10 year bar from entering US. You have to depart immediately to avoid any of these consequences.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X