Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can my friend (an American citizen ) invite my mom on visitor visa????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my friend (an American citizen ) invite my mom on visitor visa????

My mom is 65 yrs old and she is widow. I am her only child who is green card holder in US. Can my friend who is an American, invites my mom on visitor visa for tourism purpose ? Thanks for your help.

Why don't you invite her? Your friend inviting her while you are there won't make sense and the officer will ask this from your mother.
    I know it is hard for a widow with her only child in US to get a visitor visa
    but she can improve her chances by;
    1. Starting an occupational tie in India; like starting a small business
    or a small center in India, running it for some months and then applying
    for a visitor visa.
    2. Improving her finances in India and showing her own money for the
    trip rather than you sponsoring.

Originally posted by wah
    My mom is 65 yrs old and she is widow. I am her only child who is green card holder in US. Can my friend who is an American, invites my mom on visitor visa for tourism purpose ? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Actually, I don't see a reason for your friend to sponsor the trip. There are better chances if you or your mom sponsor for the trip. She can say that she wants to see you (if it has been a long time that you visited India and saw her) and to tour some places. Request for a shorter time frame (2 -3 months). As the previous poster mentioned, improve her ties with India, like buying a land/property etc. Even if her only child is in USA, she may have her brothers/sisters/BILs/SILs/Cousins in India. Mention all these ties in a letter, ask her to take pictures of her home, pictures of your mom with her other family members etc. If you are planning to send some money to her bank account to improve her chances, make sure you do this well in advance. The visa officer doesn't like see a big credit of 5-10 lakhs in her account within few days before her interview.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X