Mother-in-law & Sister-in-law got 10 yr VISA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother-in-law & Sister-in-law got 10 yr VISA

Mother-in-law & Sister-in-law got 10 yr VISA from Chennai consulate....their appt was in telugu. MIL visited us twice already so her case was strong - Consular Officer did not ask any questions...they asked 5 ques to sister in law - I knew that the chances for her were slim as she is widow (45 yrs) and one son is here studing M.S. but still tried....the surpise was that she got 10 yrs.

I stated in the letter that all three are coming here for couple of months and I guess that made the case strong as my MIL & FIL (FIL - already 10 yr visa holder) had visited us twice and returned on time. Also SIL has a govt job and property on her name...

Thanks Immihelp - for the updates and doclist.

Congrats.
    Can you please give more information like,
    1. If consular asked any other specific questions to your SIL?
    2. did consular ask to show any documents like property documents?
    3. Who was the sponsor for her?

I want to sponsor one of my cousin. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Srinivas

Comment

consular ques...

Srinivas,

1. If consular asked any other specific questions to your SIL?

The Consular asked
      a. why you did not go last two times - she said that my son's were studing then, now one is US and other working in Hyd.
      b. what do you do? - I am a state govt employee.
      c. are you going to visit you son in US? no i am going to visit my sister and her family, my son will come there to visit me.
      d. what does your son's do....

2. did consular ask to show any documents like property documents?

No. I sent all the documents one can think of in a organized fashion...a thick file with dividers and index...etc. My MIL & SIL keep telling me that they did not look at the documents....but I beleive that consular may not have asked for any docs but desi's who screen you when you enter would have quickly browsed it.

3. Who was the sponsor for her?

I sponsered her both my MIL & SIL. Even though my wife works but her salary is low for sponsering...

Good luck....I would recomend to sponser 3-4 people together ...they it makes a case for tourism......as you know they don't have to come together when they visit US. Good luck.
      smt

Comment

Thank you very much for the info.

-Srinivas

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X