MIL Visitor Visa got extended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIL Visitor Visa got extended

Friends, I had applied for a month and half extension of visitor visa for my Mother-In-Law at California Service Center and got the receipt notice within a week time frame and got approval in one months time frame.

One hurdle is over and now the next hurdle to cross on to invite Uncle and Aunt on a visitor visa.

Just one more clarification. We have booked their ticket in Air India for 22nd November and their visa is extended until 22nd November. As you all know travelling in Air India is not reliable as it gets cancelled very often, I am concerned what will happen if it gets cancelled. Will she be out of status.

Note: 6 of my friends booked their flight in AirIndia from LAX to Mumbai for 10/14/2006 and their flight which was cancelled once before, got cancelled again and they were intimated on Friday noon. I have seen on how they all were running around to get air tickets. This will be my last time I will travel in Air India.

MightyHeart

Yes, the person will be out of status if he/she stays in US after the date on I-94. USCIS does not care about Air India's problems.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

YOu can always take a Canada visitor visa. Then you can visit Canada and then fly them out from Canada to India if you so wish. If you can try to maintain status it is most important.

-N

Comment

I have never had trouble with air-india. My flights are typically from New york or Newark and I don't know if their service from LAX is bad.

Maintaining the legal status is very important in USA - applies to everyone - tourists, non-immigrant visa holders, immigrants etc. I suggest you to not take any chance by voilating the rules.

Can you call air-india and ask if they will provide alternate flight arrangements if the flight is cancelled - at least for those passengers whose I94 expires on the same day? As long as they can let your mom board one or the other international flight (doesn't matter which airlines) and let her leave USA before midnight on that day, there are no problems.

I would personally not book a flight on the last day of I-94 as there could be several reasons why the visitor can not leave USA as planned - hurricanes, snow storms, rise in the security level, cancellation of flights etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X