Inviting aunty/uncle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inviting aunty/uncle

I am planning to invite my aunt and uncle with whom i spent most of time. The are family friends but not related. I want to invite them to visit us since they took care of needs.

So i swill end invitation letter and affidivit and other docs. and they have fixed assets worth of 35 laks and savings/deposit of 5 laks. They do cultivation/Agriculture.I am not sure balance they will be showing is enough or not?

They have 4 daughters and all got married and settled in India.

How can they prove that they will return to Home country, so they can get a tourist visa at least for 3 months?

Any help in this regard is greatley appreciated...

There are two types of ties to India that the officer will look for;
    occupational and family. They do not have any family ties to return to
    since all their daughters are married. It is a big negative factor. About occupational ties; They will have to show an established business, agricultural as you say, with a good income.

The officers seldom look at the savings deposits but usually decide on the basis of what you tell them your annual income is.
    Some may look at the tax returns and business papers, balance sheets.

Even if the occupational tie part is satisfied, there is this problem of you actually not being related to them. Visiting an unrelated person in US for a casual visit and being sponsored by him/her is not considered ''natural" and arouses the suspicion that the other person may help the applicant settle in the US.

If they still wish to try, I suggest they should show self financing the trip instead of you sponsoring them. You can simply send an invitation letter inviting them. If they can show a strong income tax
    return , that will serve the purpose.

Originally posted by nimmi
    I am planning to invite my aunt and uncle with whom i spent most of time. The are family friends but not related. I want to invite them to visit us since they took care of needs.

So i swill end invitation letter and affidivit and other docs. and they have fixed assets worth of 35 laks and savings/deposit of 5 laks. They do cultivation/Agriculture.I am not sure balance they will be showing is enough or not?

They have 4 daughters and all got married and settled in India.

How can they prove that they will return to Home country, so they can get a tourist visa at least for 3 months?

Any help in this regard is greatley appreciated...

Comment

Thank you and do you know how much should be balance?

Thank you for your advice, i said they will purchase their tickets in DS 156 but i am not sure how much shold it be there since it is self sponsoring.Should we say 6 months or 3 for the duration of the Visit?

Do they need to carry a letter to immigration officer saying all of their kids/grand kids are in india and request them to grant a visa.

What other documents will be helpfull?

Comment

The documents play a very secondary role. The officers decided on the basis of your answers and how you answer them.

But still they must carry; your invitation letter, their agriculture papers, balance sheets, I-T returns,
        all deposits, property papers.

Ask for a 2 month stay. Why only 2 months? We have to take care of our agriculture in India. They must answer who will take care of their business while they will be away.
        A combined healthy deposit is about 10 lacs if asked, but usually
        it is not asked for , more important is the annual income. THey should state a healthy figure when asked about the income.

No need for the children affidavit.

Originally posted by nimmi
        Thank you for your advice, i said they will purchase their tickets in DS 156 but i am not sure how much shold it be there since it is self sponsoring.Should we say 6 months or 3 for the duration of the Visit?

Do they need to carry a letter to immigration officer saying all of their kids/grand kids are in india and request them to grant a visa.

What other documents will be helpfull?
        Last edited by peace; 10-17-2006, 09:09 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X