Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to clarify Sponsorship details

Hello!

My parents got rejected thrice in 2004 and we are planning to apply for my mother again. One of the reasons for denying their visa was lack of overseas travel. Ever since their last rejection they have travelled to UK. My brother is living in the UK now.

My question is about sponsorship. My mother will be travelling to the UK prior to visiting the US. She will be travelling to the UK anyway and my brother is funding her tickets and oversears insurance. Is it a good idea for me to sponsor her visit to US or will it be good for my brother (in UK) to sponsor her US visit?

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

thanks!

Originally posted by subs
    Hello!

My parents got rejected thrice in 2004 and we are planning to apply for my mother again. One of the reasons for denying their visa was lack of overseas travel. Ever since their last rejection they have travelled to UK. My brother is living in the UK now.

My question is about sponsorship. My mother will be travelling to the UK prior to visiting the US. She will be travelling to the UK anyway and my brother is funding her tickets and oversears insurance. Is it a good idea for me to sponsor her visit to US or will it be good for my brother (in UK) to sponsor her US visit?

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

thanks!
    I don’t know why the visa rejected on that reason in the first place as many of B2 applicants may not have any overseas travel even then got the visa approved.

The reason may be due to lack of family ties at that time…

In this case if they can go self-sponsor that would be good other wise you need sponsor but they need show to strong ties (financial, business/job)
    HTH
    RK

Comment

Originally posted by subs
      Hello!

Is it a good idea for me to sponsor her visit to US or will it be good for my brother (in UK) to sponsor her US visit?
      I don't see a reason to involve your brother who is in UK in the USA-tourist visa application process. Your mother doesn't have to mention that she will be visiting UK first and then visit you. If you have $5K+ in your bank, I suggest you to be her sponsorer and not to include/involve your brother in the process. If asked, your mom should say the truth that her son is in UK. Once visa is granted, your brother in UK can pay for the trip and the VO has no means to know who paid for what portion of the trip. But, having your brother sponsor the tourist visa will only complicate the things. He has to provide I-134/bank statements/salary statements and you will have to provide all other documents showing your status in USA like H1B/GC/tax documents/invitation letter/address proof/job proof etc. When you are sending 90% of the documents any way, why don't you "act" as the sponsorer. Once your mom gets the visa, you and your brother can coordinate and decide who will pay for what portion of the trip.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X