Any help is appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any help is appreciated

My parents had their visa interview at the chennai consulate. My mother got her visa. My dad's they put in pending. They asked him for DS-157 form. I was pretty surprised to hear that. I read that DS-157 is required only if you are between 15-55 years of age. Both my father & mother are above 55. So I didnt send them that form. The officer gave him DS157 and asked him to go to cochin. He will be getting it from there..

Anybody has any idea why they asked for that & what is the process now ?

Does he have a common name or has he worked in a scientific capacity or in the Army?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      Does he have a common name or has he worked in a scientific capacity or in the Army?
      His name is mohammed abdulsalam. He has not worked in army. He was a civil engineer in government service. Why ?

Comment

Originally posted by monas
        His name is mohammed abdulsalam. He has not worked in army. He was a civil engineer in government service. Why ?

Can anyone please throw some light on this ? I was searchin in net & didnt find a case like this.. Please help

Comment

DS-157 form is meant for ppl in age group 18-55 for security reasons.

But I guess they asked your father for DS-157 due to being a muslim. I am sorry to say that, I do not have anything against any religion. But you too will agree that inhuman crimes committed across the world by some muslims has brought a bad name to all belonging to the religion.

There is nothing for you to worry about. Have patience, as far as I think he too will get the visa in a very short time.

Comment

Originally posted by orion
            DS-157 form is meant for ppl in age group 18-55 for security reasons.

But I guess they asked your father for DS-157 due to being a muslim. I am sorry to say that, I do not have anything against any religion. But you too will agree that inhuman crimes committed across the world by some muslims has brought a bad name to all belonging to the religion.

There is nothing for you to worry about. Have patience, as far as I think he too will get the visa in a very short time.
            I know that.. But wondering what is the process ! They asked to go to Cochin ! Am not aware of any US consulate officed in Cochin

Comment

Are you sure they heard it right? Cochin doesn't seem right. Did they retain the passport? Is there a VFS office in Kochi where additional documents can be submitted??

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Yes, there is a VFS office there

Are you sure they heard it right? Cochin doesn't seem right. Did they retain the passport? Is there a VFS office in Kochi where additional documents can be submitted??
                There is a VFS office in Kochi, one of the 11 such offices in India which are handling US visas.

Comment

Then the document has to be submitted at VFS Cochin. This is what the Vo may have told your father.

Comment

Then the document has to be submitted at VFS Cochin. This is what the Vo may have told your father.
                    They have not retained his passport. They gave it back along with a pink slip with a status code in it. I think I need to check the status out in the vfs site & do accordingly. Has anybody got such pink slip here ??

Comment

Comment

Yeah.. I saw this. But I dont see his case number online. Will it take time to appear ? Or can he go ahead & give his DS 157 form to the cochin office ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X