process at new delhi embassy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• process at new delhi embassy

can anybody whose parents or relatives had recent interview at new delhi embassy for visitor visa post the whole step by step process i.e. what documents to give at first counter outside...followed by....etc?I have gone through the experience section of this site and it has only questions n answers and very few from delhi....my parents have interview next week....i would appreciate if anyone can post the process....thanks

Did you read this discussion forum and https://www.immihelp.com/us-visitor-...terview-guide/ ?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

thanks

thanks for ur reply.....yes i have gone thru the forums posts,interview tips section,other sections and 'experience" section on this website....what i was looking for is someone whose parents or relatives had recent visa experience at new delhi who could post about the whole process like at the first counter outside one has to submit.........etc which will be an immense help to old parents or relatives of ppl here.......thanks

Comment

Your parents should be able to navigate the interview process with the information to which you have already been directed. You cannot have someone there to hold their hand.

If they are too old to manage the interview process, it would be, IMO, detrimental to their heath to go through the stress of international travel and a stay in a culture so different from their's in their home country. (I certainly do not want my government - and thus me - to be responsible for the hundreds of thousands of dollars for emergency medical expenses for a heart attack or stroke from the stress!) This is the impression you have left with you post indicating they need "special" assistance in preparing for their interview because of their advanced age.

Comment

Hope this helps

Details about my mother
          1) She is 56 yrs old and a widow living with my sisters family in New Delhi.
          2) I am her son living in US.
          3) Her previous rejections were at Mumbai (where we used to live before)

Documents(hers) which she took for the interview.
          1)DS-156 (DS-157 Not required since she is 56 yrs old)
          2)HDFC receipt and Appt. letter
          3)My Original birth certificate
          4)Property documents (in Original)
          5)My dad's death certificate
          6)A Few photographs of my mom with her daughter's family and relatives in India.

Sponsors(mine) documents ( 1 & 2 are not required but helps)
          1) Invitation letter to my mom to visit US.
          2) Request letter to Consulate Officer.
          3) Employment verification letter from my Employer.
          4) Pay stubs.
          5) Notarised I-134 (Affidavit of Sponsorship).
          6) Bank Statement showing around 12K.
          7) Bank Account verification letter(showing the age of the account).
          8) My H-1B extension Approval notice copy.
          9) My I-485 receipt notice and EAD copy.
          10) My passport copy (All the pages).
          11) My W-2's for the past 6 yrs(3 yrs should be more than enough).
          12) My Tax returns for past 3 yrs.

Interview Details--

Her Interview (in Hindi) was at 7:45 AM 24th July.
          She reached at the entrance (Gate #6) st 7:40 AM.
          They asked for the DD , DS-156 , Appt letter and the passport.
          It was a long line , by the time she got inside the bldg it was 8:00
          They took her Finger prints and told to wait.
          Basically her Interview went very smooth and short.
          The VO just asked one question (in Hindi) "Why do you want to go to US?"
          Mom answered "To meet my son and to visit US".
          There was an american listening to the conversation.
          Then the VO asked for the documents , flipped over the pages for a min
          And said (in Hindi) "Your Visa has been approved and it will be sent to you by courier.

The only difference with the last interviews and this one is that she was prepared with all the answers and there was a 5 yrs gap in her next attempt.
          In the DS-156 we mentioned she will be visting for 2 months.

To all those whose parent/parents have had rejections don't get disheartened , prepare carefully all your documents (immihelp is a one stop shop for any immigration related information), and most important be confident and honest in the interview. It all depends on the interview and a little bit of luck.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X