Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Advice

Hi there,

I have a ten year multi-trip visa. I was in the US (from the UK) for 5 months last year from June-Dec. I went back to the UK for the holidays and tried to come back into the US yesterday (foolishly, I now realise I should have left a bigger gap).

I was questioned and detained at the airport and was eventually given two months to stay with a warning not to abuse the visitors visa.

Please can you advise on whether you think I could apply for an extension? Might this do me more harm than good? I am doing some short courses here and need at least an extra month. >From what I have read on your website I would be out of time by the time I get a decision and then my 10 year visa would be void. If I went home on 4th March (date stamped) could I come back in for another month immediately? (not using my visa).

Also, please can you advise on how I can use my multi-trip visa generally? How much time can I spend in the US during the year? Would it be ok to spend 8 months UK, 4 months US?

Also, please can you tell me more about work visas. I'm not eligible for the HB1 but have heard of the HB2, which I believe is for temporary work sponsered by an employee?

Thanks.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

You should not even think about visa extension. If you try coming too often for too long, you are not really a visitor.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X