Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent- last name spelling mistakes

Hello,
    I am planning to bring my mother to USA for my delivery.Now, I found out my mother's last name(father's name) is spelt wrong in her passport.I also had my last name(father's) spelt wrong in my passport. But now the problem is my mother and me have 2 different spelling mistakes but in all other documents that my mother has she has the correct spelling of my father's name for her last name. she has not recieved her passport in hand and might get it in another couple of weeks.is it neccessary that she gets her last name corrected in her passport? if so can she do it before she gets her passport in hand and could you tell me what the procedure is? how long does it take to get name change?or is it enough we get an affidavit stating that me and my mother happened to have spelling mistakes and my father's correct name is spelt so and so.also can i setup an appointment with ttsvisas with her mispelt last name and is it ok if she gets her name changed in the meantime?will this affect her interview?i am worried that her visa might get rejected because of this and i was thinking of calling her over in october.If i have to get affidavit should i send one from US to my mother or is it enough if my mother just gets one in india.please advise me on this as i have very little time left and am tensed that i am unable to get some info regarding this one.i thank one and all for your help.

spelling mistake

My mom had her surname as her first name and first name as her surname in her passport. I did not get it corrected and filled the DS-156 form excalty the same as in passport. My mom's visa got approved with no issues. Hope this helps! But it is a good idea to find out from immihelp to see if it is ok.

Comment

don't worry about one letter spelling mistakes

Hi ,

My case is best example for u .

I got my Passport in 1996. Then my first name was mispelled at one letter. When i went for correction, they wrote it in second page of passport. ie they wrote the correct last name in second page of passport.

In 2000 I used work for a software comapny in Hyd and they sent me to US on B1 Visa. While applying for B1 Visa , I wrote my correct last name as in Passport . ( ie as the corrected name in second page ). So I got Visa with correct last name. ( Not as the mispelled last name in passport )

After that one company filed H1 for me. They never considered the corrected name in second page of passport. They wrote my name as mispelled last name in passport first page. After getting H1 approval, while applying for Visa at Chennai consulate, Again I wrote my Mispelled last name , because that mispelled last name is there on all H1 papers.

I got Visa with same mispelled last name. ie My previous B1 Visa and current H1 Visa are having two different last names. They differ only by one letter.
      From then I am continuing with same last name.

So mispelling by one letter is not a problem. I hope I explained u clear. If not clear U can call me at 908-884-9473.

--Bala

Comment

last name spelling mistakes

Hello,

I am planning to sponser my mother-in-law to visit USA on B2 visa but there is a small mismatch in her last name.

In passport, my wife is having her last name as her father's name (SELVARAJU) and mother's name as YYYY SELVARAJU but in my mother-in-law's passport her last name is her husband's name and the name was misspelled as SELVARASU ('J' is misspelled as 'S') due to which her complete name shows YYYY SELVARASU. Will this spelling mistake affects her Visa interview?? Please advice me on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X