Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current dates for Mumbai Consulate

Hi Guys,
    I am new to the forum and I hope to get answers from all experienced people here. I want to bring my parents here by Aug end/Sep 1 week as I am expecting baby in second week of September.

They haven't even got their passport yet :-(( but hoping to get next week. I checked the dates for Mumbai today and it is coming to Sep 8th. I am so highly disappointed. Do you guys know if we go to the application center in Mumbai in person, we can get an earlier date?

Please respond.

You are going to get same dates, whether you look on internet or apply in person.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Can you get an appointment from here for somebody in India through the consulate website??

Thanks

Comment

yes
        Immihelp Support

Comment

what's the URL for the online appointment?

Comment

www.visas-services.com
            Immihelp Support

Comment

appointment @ mumbai consulate

My mother's visa was rejected today at the mumbai counsulate based on the grounds that she is a widow and both her daughters live in the U.S. I had sent all the documents necessary for her to get her visa including employment and financials, I-134, letters to both consulate and my mother. Yet, it was rejected.

I have contacted the senator's office for a letter, and am waiting to hear back from them. The next available date for appointment is Sept. 20. Is there any way to advance this in case we get the senator's letter. I would really like my mother to visit in summer, so any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aztec

Comment

Re: appointment @ mumbai consulate

There is no other way than to keep checking their website to see any other date is available
                Immihelp Support

Comment

mother's visa rejected

Aztec,

What questions did they ask? I am in the similar situation. My mom (widow) will be getting an appointment soon. I am interested in knowing what questions they asked.

Thanks,

Comment

mother's visa rejected

Vjay,

The officer saw all her paperwork and decided that she did not have enough ties to India. He told her that her husband had died 17 yrs ago and her two daughters were in the US, so he didn't think that she would come back. She has no real source of income, we support her, but of course we told her not to mention that.

She showed the house papers, and a balance of about 6 lacs in 2 accounts including Fixed Deposit receipt. He asked her about her source of income, and she said she sold property and has put the money in the bank.

My question to Immi-help is that if we were to deposit another 3-4 lacs into another account, would that be too suspicious? Also, is it advisable to do that, considering that I have already approached the senator's office for their help?

Aztec

Comment

Re: mother's visa rejected

Aztec,

Sorry to hear that! Actually I'm in the same boat & my case is similar in all aspects as yours except one little difference, as I have a sister back in India.

One questions though! What are the documents to be submitted to the embassy? The interview confirmation just mentions couple of documents, what about the other documents? Do you have to carry them to the interview or send them before the interview date?

Thanks

Comment

mother's visa rejected

Aztec,

Thanks for your reply. It is totally luck game. Nothing you can do about it. It is especially tough for widows. Most of the widow cases I saw here tell the same story. I do not want to discourage anyone in similar situation, but according to me, the best option is keep trying. Who knows tomorrow the government will change and so will the visa officers. Usually, these officers are young and they probably are given a quota to limit the visitors to the US. If this is true, tomorrow the quota may go up and it may go down too. So, keep trying.

I think in your case, your mother should not have said that she sold her property, it is a big red flag. Anyway, good luck next time.

newszee,

I believe all supporting documents are required at the time of the interview. Just to make an application, you only need to submit DS-156, photograph, and DDs. Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X