Second interview for visitor visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second interview for visitor visa

My parents just applied for a visitor visa. The interview was short. The consular neither approved nor rejected their applications. Instead, my parents were told to wait for a phone call in about a week for a possible second interview. All the documents (except passports) were taken and kept by the consular. Did anyone here have a similar story? My parents had been here 5 years ago and returned on time. We visited home in between about 3 year ago. I am wondering what the consular was looking for. Any comments appreciated.

Just wait for their call. It is difficult to know what they are looking for.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

221(g)

I found out some more info from my parents. They got a notice mentioning 221(g). There are 4 or 5 options on that notice under 221(g). The third option (Stating somthing like "We are in the process of your application. We will contact you.") was checked. The consular told them that they would get a call within one week but the timing was not stated on the notice. Anyone knows what these mean? Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X