Conversion of L2 to B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion of L2 to B2

My Wife is on L2 and my daughter a Citizen of US who is studying here. I am moving out of the country(currently on L1) to my home country. My L1 and I94 is valid for a few more months. My wife needs to be on a B2 so that she can be with our daughter for another 8 to 10 months after I leave. What are my options? I hear conversion (L2 to B2) can take a long time. Is it advisable to go back to the home country and apply for a B2? Is there a preference (or will it work in a negative manner) if we can prove that she is traveling to support her minor child through school for a period of 10 months?

In my opinion, conversion from L2 to B2 is the best option. Once you file for COS, it will take time (6 to 8 months) to be processed & responded, but that waiting period will be counted as your Authorized stay.

While if you go back to your home country, apply for B2, it may or may not be approved, but will give you stay for 6 months only.

Also, requesting stay for 10 months on B2 will have high chance of rejection.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X