Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I apply for B1 (travel visa) when L1B is in progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply for B1 (travel visa) when L1B is in progress?

Hi All,

My L1B Individual petition is in progress (RFE stage). Since this is expected to take some time, I would like to apply for B1 (tourist) visa to pay a short visit to my husband in US (I am recently married and unable to apply for dependent (H4) visa now since his H1B is expiring in 3 months time and is under renewal processing).

I would like to know whether there will be any complications in B1 approval if I apply now (due to L1 which is in progress or my husband's visa status).

Thanks.

Originally posted by Md_Sri View Post
    Hi All,

My L1B Individual petition is in progress (RFE stage). Since this is expected to take some time, I would like to apply for B1 (tourist) visa to pay a short visit to my husband in US (I am recently married and unable to apply for dependent (H4) visa now since his H1B is expiring in 3 months time and is under renewal processing).

I would like to know whether there will be any complications in B1 approval if I apply now (due to L1 which is in progress or my husband's visa status).

Thanks.
    B1 is business visa, while for tourism you apply for B2 visa (though eventually you might get B1/B2 visa, if approved).

VOs blindly follows the rules. One of the basic requirement for tourist visa is to prove ties to your home country, while having your newly wedded husband in USA already, & you have future plans to stay in USA with him for long term is exactly opposite - hence reducing your chance of getting the visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X