X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maiden name confusion

hi all,

for women(aged 50 above) applying first time for usa visa,

before marriage name : XX Surname :YY after marriage name : XX surname : ZZ, passport reflects after marriage name only(no mention of maiden name)

how should the question IN FORM ds 160 [SIZE=12px] [LEFT][COLOR=#2E2F33][FONT=roboto]Select

Please submit your question again & try to avoid any special characters.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Please submit your question again & try to avoid any special characters.
      Hi all,

for married women(aged 50 above) applying first time for usa visa,

before marriage given name : XX Surname :YY

after marriage name : XX surname : ZZ, (yy now replace by zz which is husbands surname)

passport reflects post marriage name only that is XXZZ , XXYY is nowehere mentioned in passport.

in case she does not mention her before marriage maiiden name that is XX YY in the section "have you ever been known by any other name" of form ds160
      will visa officer reject her application.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by icarus2712 View Post

Hi all,

for married women(aged 50 above) applying first time for usa visa,

before marriage given name : XX Surname :YY

after marriage name : XX surname : ZZ, (yy now replace by zz which is husbands surname)

passport reflects post marriage name only that is XXZZ , XXYY is nowehere mentioned in passport.

in case she does not mention her before marriage maiiden name that is XX YY in the section "have you ever been known by any other name" of form ds160
        will visa officer reject her application.

thanks
        Good question, it depends on the documentations the married women is carrying.

If she has her documents (birth certificate, educational documents) in before marriage name then she need to carry an marriage certificate showing her before marriage name. In that case, she should mention her before marriage name in the DS160 as other name.

If there are no documentation for before marriage name, then you can skip all that.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

Good question, it depends on the documentations the married women is carrying.

If she has her documents (birth certificate, educational documents) in before marriage name then she need to carry an marriage certificate showing her before marriage name. In that case, she should mention her before marriage name in the DS160 as other name.

If there are no documentation for before marriage name, then you can skip all that.
          oh..all school and degree certificates will be on maiden name guess will have to correct ds 160 , appointment has been secured through

Comment

Yes, better to do so.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X