Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa Sponsorship when H1B Extension is in progress

Hi There,

I am planning to Sponsor tourist Visa for my parents. However, currently my H1B Extension is in progress and I only have the Receipt Notice to prove my Legal status of stay in US. So my questions are as follows.

1. Since the Visa on my passport expired and I do not have I797 Approval notice yet (as my H1B Extension is in progress) will my Receipt Notice suffice as proof for legal stay in US?

2. In form I134 I see that we have to mention our I94 Number. But as my I94 number expired, do I still need to mention my expired I94 number in that form and additionally write down my H1B receipt notice number somewhere in that form (As there is no separate field to mention that) ?

Kindly Clarify.
    Last edited by seahawk789; 04-20-2019, 04:17 PM.

Originally posted by seahawk789 View Post
    1. Since the Visa on my passport expired and I do not have I797 Approval notice yet (as my H1B Extension is in progress) will my Receipt Notice suffice as proof for legal stay in US?
    If there is no urgency for having them apply now, I would suggest to wait until you get your extension approved & then have them apply for their visa.

Originally posted by seahawk789 View Post
    2. In form I134 I see that we have to mention our I94 Number. But as my I94 number expired, do I still need to mention my expired I94 number in that form and additionally write down my H1B receipt notice number somewhere in that form (As there is no separate field to mention that) ?
    Again, I134 is not a required document for their visa - have them self sponsor (better for them).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X