B1/B2 visa for conference and tourism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 visa for conference and tourism

I am an Indian citizen working in Germany at the moment and I hold a German residence permit. I applied for the US tourist visa in 2017 which was rejected for not having sufficient ties with Germany. I am applying for the visa again to attend a conference in UC Berkeley and since my last application was refused, I am being cautious. I have a few questions wrt the application.
    1) Address Where You Will Stay in the U.S.
    Which address should I give in this section as I will be in the conference for 3 days and then visit my sister who lives in Boston for 10 days. However, the primary purpose of the visit is to attend the conference.
    2) Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip
    My employer will be sponsoring the conference and everything (first 3 days) and I will pay for the rest of my stay. Shall I just select "Self" in this section as I don't have any problem in showing the funds?
    3) Have you traveled to any countries/regions within the last five years?
    As I live in Germany, do I mention the countries I visited in the Schengen region as well?

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    1) Address Where You Will Stay in the U.S.
    Answer: You will need to provide the address that your sponsor organizing for you.
    2) Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip
    Answer: Since this is Official trip, you must say as Employer.
    3) Have you traveled to any countries/regions within the last five years? As I live in Germany, do I mention the countries I visited in the Schengen region as well?
    Answer: Yes. Which ever countries you visited within 5 yrs and stamped in your passport that you will need to mention.
    Thanks

Comment

what you will really need to do is convince the CO that (a) you will return promptly and (b) not engage in illegal employment....all the other stuff mentioned by rkk09 is meaningless.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X