Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1 Visa in expired Passport, New passport has different name due to marriage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa in expired Passport, New passport has different name due to marriage.

Hi, I am writing this post for my wife.

She has a B1 - B2 Visa still in date, in an expired passport with her name before marriage (the visa also has old name). Her new passport has her new name after marriage, now we have tried to figure out if she would still be able to travel with this to visit her mother over there (we are in the UK by the way).

I have seen a few posts saying that its fine if you bring your proof of marriage such as a marriage certificate and of course both passports. Does anybody have Info on this matter?

​​​​​

Originally posted by Jackw40 View Post
    I have seen a few posts saying that its fine if you bring your proof of marriage such as a marriage certificate and of course both passports. Does anybody have Info on this matter?
    Yes, thats true, just prove that you are the same person owns both the names/passports.

Eventually USA will rely more on bio-metrics compare to the passports. They should have her fingerprints already in their database - so just prove that the new passport is also yours should be fine.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X