Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can my brother in India sponsor my mother's US visitor visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can my brother in India sponsor my mother's US visitor visa?

My husband and I are US citizens, but financially strapped and cannot sponsor my (widowed) mother to visit us. Our household income falls below 100% poverty line threshold needed to qualify for sponsorship (we do have other assets, such as liquid cash, retirement account, house etc, but not sure they alone will be enough). My brother in India is well-settled, has a great job and is willing to sponsor her trip. My mother has house, land, bank accounts etc on her name, but did not submit income tax return for the last 3 years after my father passed, so I am not sure if she has the necessary documents needed to sponsor herself. (They once visited us together in 2011 on a visitor visa, which I sponsored, but that visa was for 5yrs multiple entry and expired in 2016.) We will of course provide my mother's lodging, clothing, food etc for the entire duration of her stay with us.

Given this situation, is it possible for my brother to sponsor my mother's trip? Or, can she sponsor the trip herself without recent tax return? If yes, and if the visa is granted, is it going to be a short-term visa, or multi-year multiple-entry type?

Thanks.

Your mother really do NOT need an sponsor.

She can show that she would self-sponsor her trip & have sufficient money to do so - it will be even beneficial for her.

Income tax returns are good to have thing to prove that she has continuous income - however she can say that her husband left enough for her to sponsor herself, as well as support herself without any regular income upon return to home country. etc.

And Yes, your brother can also say that he is sponsoring the visit - he will need to provide all his assets & income documentations - but it won't have much value.

Lastly, it will be little difficult for a widow mother to prove that she will return back to her home country after the short visit - prepare her to answer questions during interview to show that her intention is not to stay there longer or become dependent on you.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

I feel the VO read people more then any document. Documents can be ****d. They are trained to read people and spot a lie. I am also sure they will ask why the kid in US not the primary sponsor. Also yes they need to be also sure the mother is not going for helping the kid in US in any way. In past they frown on mother's going that. That is for them effecting a US worker job.

As for brother sponsoring. Yeah he can do the sponsoring.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X