Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to renew tourist visa?

Hello everyone,
    I am from Nepal. I got tourist visa in 2014 december and i visited USA, first time in oct 2015 stayed for a month then in oct 2016 stayed for about 6 months and went back. I applied for student visa and got denied for three times in 2017 and 2018. Then I applied for student visa for Australia and got accepted. My classes in Australia start from July 22 2019. Currently I am visiting USA and will leave on July 14 2019

My tourist (b2) visa will expire on 2019 december. Can I renew my visa from Australia? Or Do I have to go back to my home country (Nepal) to renew my visa? And what is the process?

The process will be same as what you did initially when you got that visa.

It is recommended to get it done in your home country, but not mandatory, you can renew it is Australia as well.

Check, if you are eligible for the dropbox & can skip the interview to renew your visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      The process will be same as what you did initially when you got that visa.

It is recommended to get it done in your home country, but not mandatory, you can renew it is Australia as well.

Check, if you are eligible for the dropbox & can skip the interview to renew your visa.
      Thank you for reply.
      what do you mean by eligible for dropbox and how to check it?

Comment

Originally posted by aakanshya View Post

Thank you for reply.
        what do you mean by eligible for dropbox and how to check it?
        Read https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp

Eligibility Criteria for all applicants except child below 14 years of age and applicant above 80 years of age or older:
        • I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply
        • My most recent visa was issued in India
        • I received my visa after January 1, 2008
        • My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.
        • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
        • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost/stolen or cancelled.
        • I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance
        • If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

OR
        • If I am applying for any other class of visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.
        • Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify for the Interview Waiver, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible.
        • If I am applying for an F visa, am continuing as student at same school for which my previous visa was issued.
        • If I am applying for a J visa, my current DS-2019 is issued by the same institution as the institution listed on my previous visa
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X